Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:08 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:32 pm 

Hi everybody
I'm looking for a climbing partner in Cape Town area.

I arrived from France last February (meaning you'll definitely recognize my accent and my bad english) and my usual partner just went back there. Although I'm small and more heavy that I should to be a good climber (I also enjoy cooking ...), I really like to climb for 5 years now and would like to continue. I've got the gear for sport climbing, can lead up to 19, and never reached a 25 yet even with favorable wind, top rope, red bull or other helps...

I'll enjoy climbing either with beginner or experienced climbers both for evenings in CityRock and outdoor sport climbs during week-ends. Even for trad climbs actually, but there I'm the beginner.

I should be in Cape Town for a few years so let me know if you'd like to try me.
Olivier
olivier.crespo@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:30 am 

I will be in Cape Town towards the end of September if you would like to climb! I am coming from the States and am looking for partners. I am not familiar with SA grades, but can lead 5.10b and have climbed up to a 5.11a outdoors (US grade) and am bringing my shoes, harness and belay device.

jma222@u.washington.edu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:23 am 

Hi Oliver,
I'm from Cape Town, horribly unfit...but trying to improve on that...climb at momemt up to 21 sport (badly)..but fare better on a 17. Will lead at momemt only up to 17/ 18 sport.
My boyfriend does climb, but he is not as keen as me and I often sit without a climbing mate- hence the unfit state.
So email next time you thinkin of climbing (email in week, email not set up at home yet)..available on weekends only. Am not avail at gym anymore.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:28 am 

oh oops forgot to say email for Andy is andy@safashionacademy.com