Quantcast
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:07 pm 

Hi all,

Between getting employed, married, engaged, enraged or lazy, it seems circumstances have robbed me of a partner for the meet to be held in Du Toit's Kloof between 22 and 28 April. I'm 24, currently climbing 22 on sport, have a rather small amount of trad experience and lacking amount of trad gear - my aim for the week is to get on some classic long trad routes (well, and sport and boulder as a close second), so if you have trad experience and/or rack that would be rad.

I'm in Jozi, willing to drive down and share costs or take the arranged bus if that's more suited. So if you're keen to get down to CPT, climb some amazing looking routes and drink some beer, call or mail @

Last edited by pierre.joubert on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:35 am 

**Bump**

I've found a partner, now offering a lift to 1 or 2 people from Jozi to CPT. Driving down alone sucks! My plan is to stay on after the rally, probably be back the first week of May - my plan remains flexible. Any takers?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:20 pm 

Hi Pierre, give us your petrol slips when you get to Cape Town and CityROCK will sort you and your passengers out with accommodation and what's more while you are here over that period you can climb for free at CityROCK and get a 10% discount on any gear you purchase at our store. To get confirmation of this please send me a private message! If you don't find any takers let me know. I shall be presenting a slide show at the MCSA JHB on 1 April (yes that is April fools day!). But I will be there. So come talk to me if you want. Snort.

Please register on: http://sites.google.com/site/rockrally2009/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 am 

Just to clarify as my last post may seem ambiguous. CityROCK is not offering to pay your petrol: the offer is climb free, 10% discount at the shop and accommodation over the period of the meet. I have no intention of putting CityROCK out of business just yet. Just keep the fuel slips and present them to CityROCK to get the offer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 pm 

Thanks SNORT!

That sounds like an awesome deal - you're giving up of your personal profit to help dudes out with gear purchases. This must be appreciated by anyone that attends. I hope the kids rock up in hordes!