Quantcast
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:01 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Climbing in East London
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:05 pm 

Hey new too climbing,only been climbing for 4months. So looking for a climbing partner who is on a similar grade to me, im climbing 21's at the mo and would like someone who has been climbing for the same amount of time as myself. Would like someone who is between 18 and 26 as im 26 and who enjoys climbing nearly everyweekend and who enjoys travelling around eastern cape for climbing and enjoys the sport a great deal. I have my own trasnport and will be happy to fetch in the east london area.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:31 pm 

I feel your pain. I'm also looking for someone to climb with. Unfortunately I'm a little outside your age restriction. William, Martin, Chris, Dave, Roxi, Ricardo and a few others also don't meet that criteria. Martin also just climbed a 33 so that puts him even further out of contention. He does however go climbing with me and I also climb 21's. So we all bite the bullet and climb with people that aren't a perfect match.

See you at the wall on tuesday.
Garvin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:50 am 

Hay Garvin left that package at the office okay. Its not too much the age factor its more the responsibilty factor. I know you older chaps have wives and kids to tend to Guys between 18 and 26 dont have that yet i have a bird but she loves me going climbing every weekend :thumright Well not loves it but knows its my thing 8) I just want a climbing buddy that climbs nearly every weekend but thats like trying to find a chick that cooks,cleans,takes care of the kid and still has time to work as a supermodel :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 am 

In the last ten years I've taken, 18 mounths off because I broke my back, 4 mounth to recover from a opp on my wrist, and maybe some time here and there for work. This year the only time off I've had was a two week trip to Zim and a weekend to recover from the rock and road. I work for myself so I can take time in the week to climb if that opportunity comes round. Be carefull what you say about wives, mine will not be pleased at the insinuation that she would keep me from climbing, because she doesn't.

Garvin
PS. I do also get rained out from time to time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 am 

Images of Brokeback Mountain comes to mind. :puker: I can't quit you!

Matt, I know the right match is out there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:01 am 

Does compression fracture of T9 and 12 sound better, Magnus? How was that movie? I didn't get to see it. I must have been out climbing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am 

Come now Garv, my post is not about you or your back. Lighten up! And I'm not refering about weight :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:28 am 

I have lightened up and I've lost 2 kg's, but how do I get rid of the oversided calves it's weighing me down. I've even shaved my hair and cut my beard to lighten things up.

So shall we look at going to Hogs this weekend or Fordyce?

Garvin
PS shaving the hair is more to hide the lack of hair on top, but I think you know that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:36 am 

:silent: :silent: :silent:

:pig: :thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am 

First of all that movie won some awards :o(and no i have not seen it!!!)...im worried about you bro? Yeah maybe im been to hard on my climbing partner or maybe im just going a little over board with the climbing? it has taken over my life :P and garvin i will never say you hardly climb bro as i know how much you and derek have done for the sport aswell as sacrificed time and money,blood etc so my moaning and groaning was not at you guys!

Ps...Peace pipe smoke up at my place tonight guys! :drunken:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 am 

Lets not talk about who's done what. Just go climbing. any of the people on that list will go climb with you, just come. I have phone numbers for 20 climber on my phone. I don't recall you asking for any. And forget about grade, if you what to get stong, jump on anything that is offered to you.

Garvin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 pm 

mattb595 wrote:
Hey new too climbing,only been climbing for 4months. So looking for a climbing partner who is on a similar grade to me, im climbing 21's at the mo.

:thumleft: You obviously have more talent than I will ever have, 21's after 4 months of climbing....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 pm 

Dave, I think this may boil down to your interpretation of "I climb". I know your a bit hard on yourself. You see Dave, I could say I climb 24 but that would be a bolt to bolt dog session. You may say you climb 18 because thats what you on-sight. So don't be to alarmed.

Garvin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:25 pm 

i absail 27's! :eye:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 am 

Okay well does anyone wanna buy some gear then as im going back to surfing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am 

hi Matt. See you at training tonight. If you put yourself out there be ready to get shot down or at least ripped into. Plus I think surfing circle are a tuff bunch also. Dig in your heels and fight back. :wink: But if your bailing I'm in need of a few draws. OK Just joking!

Garvin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am 

Its cool bro my mom made me some hot milo and told me im special in my own way :D Taygan will prob be selling his gear soon ill give you his number next time i check you. Where you climbing this weekend i might take the weekend off and have a little bit of a break but ill see how i feel. Confidence a little down after loosing taygs...gonna miss the little guy :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 pm 

im intrested in buying dat gear u wer talkin about?