Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:06 pm 

Hey fellas and fellareses, is there a 'regular climb' day orgasnised in the region (Midlands/Durbs), and if so, how does one get to know about it? I'd love to spend more hours on the cliffs, but kinda don't know who to go out with.

Any leads will be appreciated - perhaps a calender which we can knock together and climb periodically.

I am based in Eston, so am willing to drive an hour or so to a climb. :afro:

Hloni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 am 

Hi Hloni

There are a lot of climbers that climb most weekends in KZN. You are probably closest to the Howick area where we climb at Umgeni Valley and Howick falls. You can get in contact with the MCSA KZN section (see the MSCA website) or the University of KZN mountain club (email me on crazyflyinggecko@gmail.com). The UKZN MC has a Pmb and DBN section. People meet at the UKZN bouldering wall in DBN on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. This is a good place to get to know other climbers and arrange trips to the cliffs. Alternatively if you don't want to travel so far for climbing on plastic, I will let you know when we're heading to the cliffs. Just drop me a mail with your details. What kind of climbing are you interested in? Trad? Sport? other??

Hope to see you out there
Candice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 am 

Hi Hloni

check out http://www.mcsa.org.za/kzn/meets.html

This is just the pre arrainged meets. There are people climbing just about every weekend. Best thing to do is get ahold of one or two regular climbers (Like Candice) and as the weekend approaches find out were people are climbing.

A good place to meet people is at the Varsity climbing clubs.

See you at the crag.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:32 pm 

CandiceB wrote:
Hi Hloni

There are a lot of climbers that climb most weekends in KZN. You are probably closest to the Howick area where we climb at Umgeni Valley and Howick falls. You can get in contact with the MCSA KZN section (see the MSCA website) or the University of KZN mountain club (email me on crazyflyinggecko@gmail.com). The UKZN MC has a Pmb and DBN section. People meet at the UKZN bouldering wall in DBN on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. This is a good place to get to know other climbers and arrange trips to the cliffs. Alternatively if you don't want to travel so far for climbing on plastic, I will let you know when we're heading to the cliffs. Just drop me a mail with your details. What kind of climbing are you interested in? Trad? Sport? other??

Hope to see you out there
Candice

Cheerz Candice, will drop you an email later in the week. I did though think that Over The Top ran Howick and that no one else could use it?
I am probably looking at sport, and hopefully a few certificates so I can offer abseiling as an activity at our campsite. We have been offered to use a few local cliffs, but I think I need to get some hours under my belt before I even consider setting up anything on any of the local private properties where the land owners have allowed me to use any of their cliffs I may find suitable.

DaveD wrote:
Hi Hloni

check out http://www.mcsa.org.za/kzn/meets.html

This is just the pre arranged meets. There are people climbing just about every weekend. Best thing to do is get a hold of one or two regular climbers (Like Candice) and as the weekend approaches find out were people are climbing.

A good place to meet people is at the Varsity climbing clubs.

See you at the crag.

DaveD, thanx for the heads-up. Did browse through the link you sent over the w/end after Candice mentioned it.
Any1 with an idea as to when is UKZN Pmb wall used, and which campus is it at?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:20 pm 

You would have to get hold of Rachelle De Charmoy and Faye Brouard. They are the regulars that train there and have the keys. Not sure of the times/days. The PMB wall is located below the commerce building I think. When you email me I will send you their contact details. (There are so few climbing gals around that they might be harrassed by the general male climbing community if I post their numbers on this forum).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:17 am 

You are wize Candice, you are wize :afro:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:21 pm 

Email sent.