Quantcast
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 am 
Hi, I have recently arrived in Cape Town from Sweden. I'm still settling in, but seeing all the beautiful mountains, I just want to get out there and explore it! :) I'm looking for someone to show me around or a group of friendly people I can join. I'm an experienced climber and I'm relatively comfortable to climb 6a - 6b. I will be here for the next 2 years to complete my masters at UCT, but I will have enough time to climb and also mountain bike. I am currently staying with friends of friends, but would like to find a place to rent near the city centre - any advice would be appreciated.

Helene

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 am 

I have friends at UCT who may have a place to rent. You are doing your masters in? We're going climbing on Saturday at Silvermine if you want to join

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 am 

a Digs mate of mine is due to leave at the end of March, we live in Newlands- much closer to campus then town. most of us climb and/or mtn bike. we are looking for a Female to replace him- not good being all guys!

otherwise we are climbing at Mine on Sat and Fawlty towers on Sunday. going th Mine after work today too if you are keen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 pm 
Thanks Obelisk, I'm doing my masters in English Literature. I would appreciate it if you could ask your friends about their place. Are you an Asterix fan? :)

Warren, thanks so much for the offer(s). I'm not familiar with what a "Digs mate" is, but I understand from what you have written that you are living in a commune of some sorts. At the risk of maybe sounding a little ungrateful, I'm trying to move away from communes, but if I haven't found a place by middle March we can maybe arrange something. I'm not sure if I can make it this weekend, I have a few things to do and would like to go to church on Sunday. I have my own transport though, so maybe I'll see you at the crags this weekend.

vi ses
helene

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:53 pm 

Then it is fortunate that i didn't offer you the room but rather advertised its availability. living with someone is no small decision, unlike choosing a partner for an afternoon climb.

See you on the crag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 pm 

Will be at silvermine from about two-ish & climb till late. Can't do Sunday.
My friends are back next week. Their prices are quite reasonable

Catch u at the crag

have to confess I'm more of a Getafix fan :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:33 pm 

hi helene - sent u a pm
ciao
mok

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm 

never thought swimwear models also climb......thanks for a fun day in the sun. and btw, 24 = 6c+, not 6b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am 
:afro:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:41 am 

hahahaha good one - watched ocean's 11 on saturday; this was pulled off just as sweetly :thumright

btw, do not lynch your partner in crime - i managed to figure the login details out myself after asking her some general questions.

bye bye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm 

Dear Mok, please refrain from using this website as your online dating service. I'm sure you are aware that there are other websites that are more suited to THAT cause. Sending PM messages to the our esteemed guests from Sweden is just not on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:04 pm 

desperate times calls for desperate measures

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 pm 

hello Helene,climbed in klättercentret in Solna,great place. Im into bouldering & mountainbiking. Recently arrived from europe so also looking for someone to climb with. I am from here,so not only do i know SA well,but table mountain too. Ciao :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 pm 

hey Helene...my email = reinhardwagner@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am 

Hi Helena, I am in cape town untill the end of April. And im looking for a climbing partner, i have a rope and quick draws. when are you able to climb?
Julian

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]