Quantcast
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 pm 

Hey, all, visiting Canadian here. Hoping to justify having lugged my gear around South Africa for 5 weeks and finally hit the rock. Newbie level climber, even if I've been doing it for a while. I've pretty much only done single-pitch top roping (5.9 North American, 19 RSA) with a handful of terrified 5.7/15-16 sport leads. ;) Looking for anyone with a rope to climb anything I'd be capable of anywhere in the area. I've got transportation. Currently here until July 12th, but I'll stay as long as there's stuff I must see/do (and the money lasts). Happy to boulder or go to City Rock, too, although I'd prefer to be on a rope outdoors. Happy climbing, all!

Last edited by Phi on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 pm 

Heya Phi/ Leon.

Read mail above... prob still above.... the other mail....
:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

Got 'em (both), thanks. ;) Phone # sent. Anyone else in?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 am 

Just a heads up that I left Cape Town on the morning of the 12th and am off travelling for a bit, but I'll definitely be coming back, I just don't know whether it'll be in a week or a month. I'll update this topic when I'm back, of course. I'm still interested in making contacts in the meanwhile. Brad has kindly offered his rope and, presumably his company when he's less busy. Morgan, sorry I wasn't able to meet up with your crew; hopefully you guys managed to get out once you got up. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm 

I'm back tomorrow (July 26th) evening (assuming I figure out airport transfers). I'll be looking for wheels and then rock, although if somebody wants to pick me up for a climbing session, I'll happily push off the transportation shopping for a while. ;) Hoping to finally meet some of you (and finally climb!).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 pm 

Edited title as I've lead a few now, and, obviously, it's no longer July. Turns out I'm more of an 18 climber, though managed to struggle up a 19 with lots of rests and attempts today. Same as before for leading, though. Heading back to Silvermine tomorrow, with a borrowed rope if anyone wants to climb.