Quantcast
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:19 am 

Hey people, I am a study abroad student looking for some climbing spots. I am staying in Capetown (green Point). Are there some books you recommmend or even spots. I have enough gear to lead or top rope. I have both comlete metolious curve hex and nut set brand new. used mamut tusk. new dueter futura 42 pro pack. new vapor lock biners. new inferno quick draws (6). Let me know. asap. My free time is limited. I will be working in the town ships

I can lead 5.9, boulder V3. But I may be bring along a classmate or two who do not know how to climb.
It maybe faster to email me ERNGU8@aol.com
Cheers

Erikson

Last edited by eroid84 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am 

Hey Erikson

How mush for the hex and nut set. pm me if you like.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 am 

Erikson

Im interested in your gear. Send you a pm.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 pm 

l

Last edited by eroid84 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm 

Hey, Erikson. Sorry to hear you're so busy that you can't climb, but I'm not above taking advantage of your situation... ;D I'm interested in your Mamut Tusk rope, at least, although I know someone else who needs a complete top-roping set: harness, belay device, locking biner, shoes, probably chalk bag (actually, I stupidly left my chalk back in Canada so could use one myself). I don't know much about rope shopping (I was given one as a gift 10 years ago), so is the Tusk uh... good for what I want to do? I basically just top-rope in dry weather and at a pretty basic level (up to 5.9), although sounds like I'll have to start sport leading while here.
I've got in-progress plans for spending the coming weekend at Silvermine, and you're more than welcome to join us if you can get away, but I don't know yet if I can take you. I have no transportation yet -- might be taking the train, might buy a motorcycle, or might rent a car, in which case no problem. We're intending to stay down there Saturday night, but haven't looked into accomodations yet, either. ;) Oh, and we have no rope yet (unless you sell me yours), but looks like we might be able to borrow one from another Climb ZA forum member, BradCT. And I've never been there, so I can't offer anything in the way of guiding, or even guarantee we'll find the place (shouldn't be a problem) unless we meet up with Brad. ;) And hey, if you come and trust your life to it, I'll feel better about buying a used rope. ;D
I'll e-mail you as well, and add my phone number.