Quantcast
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 pm 

Hi, I'm coming down from the KZN wilderness for the above time period and would love to do some climbing. Some easy trad would be emotional, but anything is fine. I'm no pro and am more about the magic than the grade. I will have a single rope, 8 draws, harness, simple trad rack (no nice cams, sniff-sniff!) etc., so all I think I can't bring to the party are half ropes if we're tradding...

Any mercy or guidance would be smashing! Email christianpera@rocketmail.com.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm 

I can neither guide (being a tourist) nor trad (being a wussy), nor even offer a rope, but if you don't hook up with some trads or better sport climbers by then, I'm game. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:08 pm 

Ah Phi, fantastic and in the nick of time too! Don't sweat the gear or guidance - we can be horrid little tourists together. Give me shout on 0780571281, I fly in on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 am 

If you are keen to boulder, a crew of us are going out Thursday to Topside and Friday to Redhill. I usually head out 3 - 4 times a week to boulder and you would be welcome to join in... Drop me a message if you are keen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 am 

Excellent! I am keen for at least one of those days (both if I can squeeze it around family commitments!) so please flick me an SMS when you get a chance and I'll make contact with you tomorrow after I have touched down and settled in.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm 

Ah, merde! 8( I'm really sorry about that, RockHippo. I didn't have Internet access again until now (laptop and modem stolen a few weeks ago -- think I win the horrid tourist crown) and thus I didn't get your message in time. 8S What time do you fly tomorrow? Is it still possible to ram a(nother) climb in during the morning? I'll try SMSing you now, but the last 3 SMSs I've attempted to send have failed without explanation (I have R29 for a balance so f*** MTN), and won't be at this Internet café for too long, so you can also try me at 078 720 5855.

[Edit] Yup, failed again. Do Vodacom users get this same crap?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am 

I am available for climbing (be ir bouldering sport or trad). I have the whole sport gear but I do not have a car and dont know anything about climbing in SA. Let me know if youre interested.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm 

I'm certainly interested. I've climbed at Silvermine and Lakeside Pinnacle (both within 30km to the South) and Higgovale Quarry (right in Cape Town), and know of the other locations, just haven't been to them (or their crags, at least) yet. Might be heading out of town for a day or 4 right around Christmas, but don't know yet. I'll let you know once I do. Gotta co-ordinate with 3 unrelated people with constantly changing plans. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:49 pm 

[s]I'm going to pick up RockHippo tomorrow at 06:00 and hope to be at Silvermine at 07:00, at whatever the middle crag is -- Lower Silvermine, I believe. Just in case Camilo, wasatchgirl (if you also do ropes), or anyone else is interested in joining us. ... Hmm, sure hope Table Mountain National Park is open on Christmas Eve... My phone is 078 720 5855.[/s]

Canceled due to family commitments, although I doubt that anyone that would be reading his right now would be looking to climb in 5.5 hours, anyway. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:48 am 

RockHippo and I are going to try and meet at the Higgovale Quarry at 09:00 tomorrow (Dec. 29th) morning, if anyone's interested (hope I can remember where it is...). Just noticed that Google says there's a chance of rain tomorrow. Maybe we'll end up at Lakeside Pinnacle again. ;) That's okay, we have unfinished business there.