Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:08 pm 

Hi all!

I'm on holiday in Cape Town for a couple of weeks (from Belfast in Northern Ireland), and was wanting to see if anyone is interested in taking a trip out this weekend. I have been climbing for a couple of years now, and I generally climb round about S/VS 4a-4b (sorry, haven't figured out the South African grading system just yet!) I'm used to trad climbing, but sports climbing is grand as well - in fairness, I've got my harness and shoes with me, but no draws or other gear, so whatever people are up for is fine with me. :)

Ciao for now

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 am 

Hey guys!

If it makes any odds, I'm going to be free on Monday 27th as well, if anyone's free to get out and about for an afternoon.

Take care - 8)

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:32 pm 

Okey doke - another change of plans...

Myself and my uncle (who I'm staying with - he hasn't climbed before) were going to go and do some sports climbing in Silvermine on Monday, and just pay for a climbing guide since we don't know the climbing in the area.

However, it looks like Monday isn't going to suit my uncle after all, and it wouldn't be cost effective for me to hire a guide if it was just going to be me climbing. So unless anyone is feeling a strong urge to show a curious visitor round the climbing on Table Mountain or the surrounding area, it looks likes Monday's out.

But we are going to be in Oudtshoorn for the rest of the week. We'll be free on Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday (29th and 30th March), and my uncle is game to come and have a try as well. I understand that the range of easy climbs would be fairly limited in the area, but we were thinking we could spend a half day or so seeing what's available.

So can anyone who knows the climbing in Oudtshoorn make any recommendations? Or would Wednesday or Thursday suit anyone to come out for a bit of an exploration?

Take care folks - Paul