Quantcast
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 am 

Looking for a climbing partners. I work retail so hours are random. I can often do Sundays and sometimes afternoons during the week. My grade has dropped again but happy to start again and build up so at the moment anything between 15 & 20. I do have gear wich includes ropes and draws.

Thanks

Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 am 

Howzit Simon

I am also working all sorts of hours plus family life. I can partner however I do not have leading skills yet, only top rope and I can belay.
You can Email me at chrisfgerhardt@gmail.com

Regards

Christian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 pm 

Hi Guys

By contrast I am a climbing hoar: happy to climb with anyone, on any style just so long as they catch me! I WILL climb both days of the weekend unless the weather writes it off.

My biggest complaint about Cape Town is the lack of reply to climbing invites I sms out to people I know, and as a result have taken to randomly arriving at crags, hoping to find a belay. On sport I am content to climb anything between 21 and 31, although I would rather go to Montagu than stay local, even for a Day trip. I am fully kitted for Sport, Bouldering and Trad and my number is 083 264 9064, email sales@rammountain.co.za please give us a shout if your keen for anything, this goes to anyone just reading this too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:47 pm 

Warren - you know I'll climb with you. You also know I spent my weekend learning to jump out a plane. Stop being grumpy - climbing will ensue shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:15 pm 

Week days are better for me mostly. Trad on TM and YW is my hunting ground grade 20 and up..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:44 pm 

Warren

Ja I stay below the pinnacle if a climb is needed after work during week days. 10 min walk and I am there. 0722610301.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys. Seems some of you are climbing a bit out of my league at the mo but I am sure I will get there.

Christian ..... I will drop you an email and we can get some routes in.

Thanks

Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 pm 

Warren, same here. I have at least 15 guys i sms and still i run short on partners. I have resorted to rope soloing, but that is like kissing your sister. So will add you to my list. Sorry Snort, no offence given, but the majority of us will be too intimidated to go climb with you.

Lead Trad (to 18, sport to 22. Trad preferably. Weekday afternoons only. henk at bsec dot co za

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm 

Hey all, if anyone is reading this and is thinking of a mission (think cedarberg, spitzkoppe) I have two weeks left in Cape Town and am fully kitted out for sport but willing to follow trad up to 19. Also wanna check out Paarl rocks. Give me a shout on 0781391358. Available for climbing ALL THE TIME, since climbing is the reason I came. So chances are, text me and I will be in for pretty much anything. Also keen on climbing in Cape Town if no-one can mission. Cheers,
Matt