KingsKloof Night climb

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
GoProCrazy

KingsKloof Night climb

Postby GoProCrazy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 am

HI

Does anyone know what is the climbing hours at KingsKloof?

We want to arrange a night climb there on some of the easier routes!

And before a lecture starts, we will have all the nessasery lighting, medical kits and spare hands incase of an emergency!

Thanks
take the leap, its worth the adventure

Neil

Re: KingsKloof Night climb

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi

Ask the manager of Rocky Vally direct, Derric on 011 954 3598 office hours. He may ask me if you know what you doing but lets cross thst bridge when we get to it.

GoProCrazy

Postby GoProCrazy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks Neil

will do so, we have had this night climb planed now for a while and more guys want to join so we want to make it a reality, but atleast take all the right steps before we step on any toes.

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi

Please note that the correct spelling of the manager's name is Schroeder and the correct cell number is 0721599091. This was a error on my part, apologies.

On another Kings subject: My friend Hannes Hachmann from Switzerland went to work his project there this last weekend. This is the line rightwards along the thin rail along the lip of the overhangs from the second last bolt of Turn or Burn and should go at about 25 or 26. I bolted this for his birthday a few months ago. When he got up there he found a large wasp nest. So he went down quickly and fetched his motorbike outfit from the car park. Fully dressed for biking, complete with Helmut and visa closed he climbed up the line again and removed the wasps with a stick. Later he found some of them were still there so he dressed up again and went up to remove the rest of them. In over 30 years of climbing I have never heard of anything like this. :lol:

GoProCrazy

Postby GoProCrazy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 am

oh Geees Neil i would have loved to see that...

Thanks for the removal of the wasp nest we are planning a climb there and wanted to do that roof but were uncertain of that wasp nest.

Ruan Kotze almost had a hart attack when he went over the roof and placed his hand next to the nest, it wast the fastest route clean i have ever seen....

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”