trad loskop area

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
deSouzaFrank

trad loskop area

Postby deSouzaFrank » Fri May 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi all

I'm desperately looking to climb some trad around my area of SA. I'm building up a rack. I have a few pieces of pro, plenty of sling, some home made pro and have only ever used one or two to further bomb proof a nateral anchor off of which I top rope with a shunt alone in the middle of freaking no where. All cliffs I think unclimbed.

Its getting a bit of a shlog to cary all this gear alone just to go top rope off of natural anchors and shunt. God only knows what cardinal climbing safety rules I'm braking, climbing in this fashion.

So if you do trad climb in my area and ever need a second or even just a belay, asking a lot of questions, I'm more than willng to carry my share of the gear and grub with the walk in.

Ghaznavid

Re: trad loskop area

Postby Ghaznavid » Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 pm

You say you're in Loskop? As in the town 20km from Estcourt, right by Injisuthi Nature Reserve?

While I lack significant climbing experience, I am frequently hiking in the Berg and have finally bought myself a trad rack with the goals of doing various peaks in that area (amongst other areas). I'd probably doing Sterkhorn Middle and South Summit, Amphlett and Turret in the near future...
"There is something fundamentally wrong in treating the Earth as if it were a business in liquidation." Herman E Daly

deSouzaFrank

Postby deSouzaFrank » Fri May 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Sorry. I should have been more specific about the area I'm in. Its actually Loskop close to Middelburg Mplumalanga. Might have clarified things a little better if I mentioned that :oops:
Frank
5-10 pairs of miss matched hand me downs
Mixed draws
Black rope

Ghaznavid

Postby Ghaznavid » Fri May 17, 2013 9:13 pm

no problem :cyclops:
"There is something fundamentally wrong in treating the Earth as if it were a business in liquidation." Herman E Daly

Social Media

Return to “General Postings”