It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 pm 

Hi All

It has come to our attention that the Black Shadow area in Rocklands has been closed down due to graffiti on the boulders. MCSA is in communication with Klein Kliphuis and will be working on regaining access to this area via more effective means of keeping it clean and looking after it. In the meantime, we ask that you please do not climb at the Black Shadow area until further notice and kindly inform any other boulderers you meet who are intending to go there who might not be aware of the closure. We appreciate your compliance with the decision of the landowners to close this area for the time being.

Should anyone have any information, comments, feedback or other on the above, please can you email delaney@rockchicks.co.za.

Thanking you in advance
The MCSA Rock SubCom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm 

Hi All

We're organising a clean up of Black Shadow in early January.

Please can you let me know who is keen and able to assist and when so that we can get a confirmed date?

Thanks so much
Delaney
delaney@rockchicks.co.za

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:33 pm 

Will be keen for sure. I get back at the beginning of Jan. Any weekend before the 21st would be great for me but am sure I could make a plan. I really want to climb Black Shadow sometime :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:39 pm 

I'll be there if the meet is any time before 22 Feb

let me know at

glennwithtwons at gmail dot com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm 

Hi All

Unfortunately I was not able to go to Black Shadow when I wanted to.

However, I am going to be organising a meeting with Thys and Sue early in Feb and would like to clean off the Graffiti then.

Who will be able to join me on the weekend of 9th and 10th Feb? Other dates are welcome but please can you let me know soonest so that I can set up a confirmed meeting with Thys, et al?

Thanks so much
Delaney

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:08 pm 

Hi All

I have met with Thys, have contacted Plascon and am liaising with Sue on her requirements.

I will keep everyone posted as to the progress of this but please can you let me know who would be keen and able to join us in April or May to clean the "unhistorical' graffiti off of Black Shadow?

Thanks so much
Delaney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am 

I will try my hardest, so you can give that a tentative yes from me :afro:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hi all

Please can you let me know if anyone is going to Rocklands this weekend and who won't mind taking a few photographs for me?

I need to have pictures taken of the Black Shadow Boulders' historical graffiti that we are not allowed to remove (Please liaise with Sue at Klein Kliphuis) as well as pictures of the broken fence.

Once I have all this, I can organise the necessary supplies to fix the fence and head on up to clean graffiti, fix the fence and do some path maintenance.

Anyone who really wants this boulder re-opened, please email me on delaney@rockchicks.co.za and let me know if you can assist with any of the maintenance and fixing needed? Even if it's an hour or two out of one of your days in Rocklands. I need all the help I can get.

The alternative is to leave Black Shadow closed indefinitely - I simply cannot do it all by myself.

Thanks so much
Delaney

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 pm 

Hi All

I'm planning to start removing graffiti and fixing up the path and fence at Black Shadow this saturday 27th July.

Please can you let me know who can help?

Thanks so much
Delaney
p.s. please email me on delaney@rockchicks.co.za