Rocklands in September/October

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
Philzinho

Rocklands in September/October

Postby Philzinho » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey,

my name is phil and I am from Germany. I will soon finish my studies in Switzerland and then would like to go to South Africa for some climbing :) I am a huge rock climbing fan and visiting the Rocklands is a big dream ever since. So for this reason and because I dont know if anyone will come with me I am trying to get some information, like if it is posible to go there with public transport, if I need a tent and so on.

Apart from that I would also be happy if someone would join or if I could join someone.

cheers in advance :)

Phil

mountainmailorder

Re: Rocklands in September/October

Postby mountainmailorder » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Thermophage

Postby Thermophage » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Dude, there are pretty much always climbers going through from CT for a weekend or so.
We'd usually leave a Friday afternoon and come back Sunday evening.

You'll need a tent. But there are also bungalows to rent...but these can get pricey if you are alone (they are around 70 euros a night and sleep up to 5 people).
But you could always buy a tent here...with the exchange rate it might make more sense :P
But yeah, keep in touch closer to the time...and don't forget that Cape Town also has incredible bouldering man, so spend a while here as well without just rushing off straight to Rocklands ;)

Thermophage

Postby Thermophage » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Seems people are offering regular lifts up as well...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/20320189878/

Karoliina

Postby Karoliina » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey,

I'm came from Finland to Swaziland which is near South Africa to do 3 months exchange. I will get 2 weeks holiday some point and heading to Rocklands to do bouldering. I'm flying to Cape Town and hopefully stay in Rocklands for a while. Do you know what time you are going? Maybe we could plan something together if we are there at the same time. You can e-mail me karoliina919@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

Return to “Climbing Partners”