Home bouldering wall

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
NaomiA

Home bouldering wall

Post by NaomiA » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to help build a home bouldering wall 2.4x2.4 or 3m perhaps, something like the cityrock training wall upstairs. I'm based in Joburg. I'm also looking for advice on where to get a home matt(s)made and best deal on holds? I thought I'd post here first and now heading to look online for supplies. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks
N

Hector

Re: Home bouldering wall

Post by Hector » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:16 pm

I have a disassembled bouldering cave which I want to sell. Its a self-supporting A-frame with 3 panels each on 2 sides (6 panels total plus a kicker board). One side is 40deg and the other is 35deg. It has a hand crack on one side. It needs a room of minimum 3.7m wide x 5.3m long x 2.6m high (assuming the door is perfectly positioned) - see the drawing and pic below. Its not painted, but could easily be converted to being an outside wall by adding some zinc sheeting on top. Everything is cut to size and the whole thing bolts together with M10's or is screwed on with posidrives (the bolts and screws are mostly all there although you may need to buy a few extra). The panels all have tee nuts. No grips, cap screws or mats - you'll have to get that separately. You'll need to be reasonably handy and have a good cordless drill and #17 socket and spanner to put it together, but it won't be too hard - could go up in a day if you have help. If you're interested drop me a pm and we can talk price. You'll need to pick it up from a complex a few km from CityRock.
2016-01-27 18.51.35.jpg
2016-01-27 18.51.35.jpg (155.86 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Climbing wall sketch for ClimbZA.jpg
Climbing wall sketch for ClimbZA.jpg (160.96 KiB) Viewed 970 times

Old Smelly

Re: Home bouldering wall

Post by Old Smelly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

Looks very Cool!
Really, its not that bad...I think it's my shoes...