Tonquani/ cederbers/boulderkloof toproping anchor placement.

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
fishermans

Tonquani/ cederbers/boulderkloof toproping anchor placement.

Post by fishermans » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 am

Hi Guys.

I am a sport climber, going to Tonquani, which is a trad location.
So I would like to set up a toprope anchor on a few routes, preferable below 20 grading. And singlepitch if possible;
I plan on using slings and multiple anchors for extra safety.
Which areas would you recommend, I have looked at Cederberg enlargement C (Calisto rock, Lunch skelda) Or Detroit area in tonquani (Boltless , the compass, the pacemaker); Which I identified as possible locations.
I would really appreciate it if someone can steer me in the right direction where one would find suitable access and anchors on top of routes.
I do not want to waste unnecessary time on scouting and would like to go a little bit prepared.

Thank you

FM

emile

Re: Tonquani/ cederbers/boulderkloof toproping anchor placement.

Post by emile » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I think upper Cederberg kloof will be your best bet.

Chris F

Re: Tonquani/ cederbers/boulderkloof toproping anchor placement.

Post by Chris F » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Agree. The further into the kloofs you go the harder it is to access the top, the longer the routes and to figure out where to drop a rope.

The area around the old sport routes (Terminator? Eliminator?) at the top end, just after by the approach path is high enough but can access the top easily. I seem to remember Difficult Shapes and Passive Rhythms (21 or 22?) being a good route to set up a toprope on (but probably not to lead, as i discovered and took probably my biggest whip to date at the time).