Climbing Helmet sponsies...?

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
FrancisDudley

Climbing Helmet sponsies...?

Post by FrancisDudley » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi everyone, hope to get some info... Either it is hard to find or I'm just terrible at searching the net...

I bought a second hand Salewa climbing helmet... good condition, but later discovered that the sponges/comfort thingies are missing so its not great to wear... So I'm hoping someone else has a similar helmet and could send a pic of the sponsies so I can make a new set and comfortably wear the shell on the next climb.

Its a Salewa Toxo, or similar (don't have it at hand to check atm) and hopefully its not a webbing insert but just a few sponges.
Its mostly a shell and has a round centre piece of high impact foam right in the middle, inside...

Eish.
Thanks

mistrial

Re: Climbing Helmet sponsies...?

Post by mistrial » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:00 am

Hope this helps, not sure if its the right one!

FrancisDudley

Post by FrancisDudley » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 am

Yesss! Thanks Mistrial, That is definitely it!
A bit nicer and 'harder to copy' than I hoped...

So the next Q is, do you know where in SA Salewa helmets are sold..(where did you buy yours?) Perhaps I could get my hands on an innard.

JohanW

Post by JohanW » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Francis

A lot of cycling helmets come with very similar velcro backed sponsies. Maybe pop into a bike shop and ask if they have a few odd ones lying around. The cycling helmets usually come with a second set which gets discarded.

FrancisDudley

Post by FrancisDudley » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks Johan, Thats a good idea.
I thought of using my mtb helmets extra ones but they were a little inadequate as they don't cover enough of the round impact foam in the helmet. I struggled to get a picture of what the original looked like but now with the picture from mistrial I should be able to slap something better together from some more pieces of helmet inserts - I'll get out my moms old naaimasjien before the next climb :mrgreen: