Climbing Cape Town area 9 - 24 Jan

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
nillynewman

Climbing Cape Town area 9 - 24 Jan

Post by nillynewman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:24 am

I’m an Aussie travelling in the Cape Town area for the next three weeks. Keen to do some sports climbing in the area, grades up to 6a/6b. Would be great to meet some people who have gear/transport. Also keen on doing some hiking in the area.

Anica 😊

Theflyinlemur45

Re: Climbing Cape Town area 9 - 24 Jan

Post by Theflyinlemur45 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Hey Anica,

My name is Caleb. I am American and also looking to do some climbing around the Cape Town area. I would really like to rent a car spend a weekend camping and climbing. My abilities are between 5b-6a sport routes. The Montagu area would be cool to check out for the first time. It is close and has single pitch sport routes. According to MtnProject.

I know you are looking for current Cape Town climbers with gear, but just figured I would contact you anyways. Maybe we can brainstorm and come up with a plan to rent some gear, get a group and go ourselves. If you have found a person/group to climb with already and would like to add one more, I would be happy to join. I am free this weekend (11-13). Cheers! P.S. I also like to hike. Trying to find a buddy to do the India Venture route up Table Mountain.

nillynewman

Re: Climbing Cape Town area 9 - 24 Jan

Post by nillynewman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Hi Caleb - feel free to contact me on WhatsApp on +61429361070. Also looking for a table mountain buddy :)