Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: This I believe
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:08 pm 

You don't have to prove anything to anybody but yourself. The day you feel you have to do a climb just to prove something to someone else I don't think you should be climbing. I believe in this philosophy for life as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:23 pm 

well damn this is funny sad entertaining and infomative

now it is time to give my 2 cents

To all the ppl who have bolted a rout and to those who contribute to bolting a a route thank u.

I say who gives a damn as long as you njoy climbing sometimes it is fun climbing a lot of easy routes (i mean real easy) oter times u sit at a route for to days trying to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:27 pm 

man I hate that avatar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:04 pm 

Drifter, if it's not rope bags u'r crying about it's bolting. Let me ask you this: what have YOU done for the climbing community? What gives you a pedastil to stand on and cry about the way things are done?

Quote:
I am just as scared on a grade 14 than on a grade 20 as if you fall 10 meters on a grade 14 or a grade 20 you will hurt yourself the same. It is just as dangerous to climb a grade 14 than a grade 20.

how are you going to fall 10 meters on a bolted route?...and personally, I'd rather fall 10 meters on a 20 as a 14 will most likely be off vertical which will hurt more....but seriously, dude, you have got to think about what you say BEFORE you post it. There are many climbers here who just laugh at the crap you come up with.

Quote:
The day you feel you have to do a climb just to prove something to someone else I don't think you should be climbing

I wouldnt have climbed half the climbs I have done if it had not been for my partner's pushing me, and my ego not wanting to look like a dork in front of the ladies, and I feel that you are wrong. Sure, you prove things to yourself, but you have proven a lot to me already!

yeah, Fridge, your avatar is soooooo annoying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:31 pm 

Quote:
I think bolting has a lot to do with people just bolting new routes so that they can put their name to a climb. It is an ego thing for some people. Thats another whole debate.

Drifter, dude, seriously. You need to:
a) Wake up when you get out of bed tomorrow
b) Think (even if it's a small bit) before posting crap

You *think* that bolting has to do with blahblah whatever?

Have you ever bolted anything? No? then STFU.

Quote:
I am just as scared on a grade 14 than on a grade 20 as if you fall 10 meters on a grade 14 or a grade 20 you will hurt yourself the same. It is just as dangerous to climb a grade 14 than a grade 20.
- seems to me like you haven't fallen on a 14 or a 20. Bwahaha

Post subject: I made a mistake
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:01 am 

Yes you can't fall 10m meters on a sport route. What I should of said is that you could hurt yourself just as bad falling on a grade 15 than on a grade 20. I made an error. In trad you could take a big fall. If you were abseiling you could have an accident but then you are not climbing but abseiling.

I wasn't judging you, this whole debate started as a general question to all bolters. I don't consider myself high and mighty. I am just expressing my opinion which you don't have to agree with and I can except that maybe I am wrong . It is just healthy debate. You have a right to express your opinion as well, I don't say you stupid because you do.

Post subject: To Nosmo
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:03 am 

Healthy debate is good. You don't have to agree with myself or what anyone else says here however everyone does have a right to their opinion. It is just their opinion it shouldn't upset you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:09 am 

hahahahaha

keep it up man, today's a monday.

Post subject: Assumptions!
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:08 am 

When I started my working career which wasn't very long ago, someone said to me, 'Assumptions is the mother of all Disasters' so please don't say you assume. I think there is wisdom in that advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:12 am 

that's the spirit!