It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:40 pm 

Hi, I'm 27, recently moved to Mpumalanga and a bit into mountaineering. I'm now, as expected, having great difficulty in finding someone else who also is. Hell, I can't even find rock climbing partners here! Ufortunately this is one of those sports that you can't really do alone while bieng safe, hey? I've been to Aconcagua this year, Atlas (Morrocco) last year and the Himalayas the year before so I have at least some experience. I now want to do an Intermediate Mountaineering course in August. Just for a week or so. The best (and cheapest) I found so far is with http://www.alpine-guides.com/alpine%20t ... alpine.htm. Its 725 pound for 5 days in the Swiss Alps, without flights. The guide ratio is 2:1, so I'm a bit screwed on my own, again! Unless somebody wants to join. I want to get more experience and then into bigger trips which might involve finding sponsorships. If you are likeminded, drop me line and we can have a chat. Thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:26 am 

725 pounds a lot of money. You can organize a trip to the Andes excl. filghts for that money. I wouldn't trust the swiss to know anything about mountaineering. While I was there I wen't to this slide show held by supposedly the best mountaineer in swissyland. I couldn't stop laughing cause 90% of the pics where of him with his shirt off running around in some daisy field. Just take that money buy yourself a good mountaineering book, and watch \"Touching the Void\" a couple of times and your set to go to spend the rest on a real climbing trip.