It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: access to bronkies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:35 am 

a few mates and i want to go try out brokies but we have no idea of how to get there and if one needs to be a member of MCSA to climb there. can anyone help us out? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:43 pm 

N4 Witbank, 2nd Bronkhortpruit offramp , R42, follow, first road left. +- 3 km. on your right , board that says Water Affairs. Follow dirt road, take road to house compound , wait at gate, pay R10 per person. Don't need to be MCSA anymore. Quite busy.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=14&ll ... 3&t=k&om=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:55 am 

he mooseman check out posting on this forum labelled \"bronkies access\" (i think) - detailed discussion and RDs. was posted a few weeks a

Post subject: ???
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:31 pm 

Hi

Can anyone confirm the access requirements - does one need to be a member of the MCSA? I'm not gettting any definitve answers anywhere and would not like to screw things up. I went to check it out yesterday (late in the afternoon) but there were no-one there.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:17 am 

Definitely don't need to be a MCA member. All that is required is R10 per person

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:24 am 

Hi,

There is a thread that deals with all this but here goes again..

Access used to be only for MSCA members but it was opened to all at the request of the owners of the property who charge R10 a person to access the crag. I wouldnt say access is delicate but it isnt guaranteed so please respect the land owners and pay on arrival up at the main house, just stop and someone will come out, you will need to sign the guestbook too.

The crag is further down on the right hand side below the dam wall. parking is either above the crag at the obvious spot or below if you have some ground clearance :D

This is the only unspoilt bolted crag in the area so please keep it tidy and respect the surroundings.

Awesome long climbs not even an hour away from Jozi complete with resident Black Eagle pair cruising above your head :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm 

Well thanks for that then, I just wanted to confirm and could not find any (recent) posts, and not the one you spoke off, or maybe I fell on my head and am now too dumb to find it.

Later