Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Are YOU willing to be a sponsor for test and development?
For backyard science, FOR SURE $$ 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
No buy it yourself... 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 5
 Post subject: All sponsors say 'I'
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:47 am 

So I'm looking to purchase this new \"SUPA DUPA ROPE\" (this stuff is fantastic, its hot, its the talk of the town!! read on to see how you can benefit form your contribution) How ever, as good as what this product is... there seems to be a few mixed feelings about it :shock:

So what we going to do is all club together so we can put this product through its places so we can all see how it performs against other well established climbing ropes currently on the market. So if you interested check the tick box in the poll and I will send my bank details so you can make your contribution. :wink: Hopefully soon we will have enough money to purchase this SUPA DUPA hot stuff rope. And with this limited offer: the person who chips in the biggest contribution may even get to name the rope... (if the maker approves the name of your choice :lol: )

Last edited by fanta on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:19 am 

WTF are you on about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:34 am 

yeah Fanta, so what makes YOU so qualified to do this test? What, so you did a basic lame ass king swing at 'boven? Big whoop. Anybody who parts with their cash to give to Mr.Ego-boy over here is wasting their time.

Fanta, here's what I'd expect to see from this rope test:

1] At least a 15 meter fall.
2] A FULLY extended kingswing
3] At least a factor 1.5 fall
4] A 10 meter dead weight freefall with NO swing.

Now I know that you might think you are a hero Fanta, but you are not. I think you should prove to us that you are the Mr.Hardcore that you are acting like before people part with their money...and don't refer to your little kingswing video. It's not hardcore in the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm 

I'm also sorta wondering why you want us to fork out - why does the supplier not provide this rope and get some marketing out of it - make a video of the tests etc.? Is this by any chance your buddy Drifter's Southern Ropes? Did they not already offer to donate a rope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:37 pm 

Check out all the smiley faces in Fanta's post. My guess is that he's not all that serious but if anyone falls for it he won't say no to the donations...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:19 pm 

Meow!!! Keep those claws in...Yep i agree, the rope manufacturers put the ropes through the paces (surely), but im willing to donate R5 to the worthty cause only if i can name the new super duper rope 'Fantas Fantasy'... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:06 pm 

you guys crack me up!! :lol:

@Jeanpant read a bit more on the forum...

@Johnny firstly did yr mother not give you enough lov'n? :lol: what’s with all the aggression. I'm NOT a qualified rope tester then again is SABS experienced with testing climbing ropes :lol:
2nd who ever parts with their cash for Mr Ego Boy is clearly concerned, like I am, about a product on the market that people seem to believe in when there was clearly a mistake with a previous roll of this said rope.
3rd you start by telling me bugger off then you go on to tell me what you want to see in test... so does that mean you'd like the rope to be tested or not.

@Dog yes they did but it seems they are too scared to put there rope where their mouth. WHY WHY WHY IS THIS!!!!
They could have had great advertising and marketing if they believed in their products!! Imagine video clips of a ‘critic’ doing all those whoopee hardcore things hero’s and Johnnie’s have to do to prove how big their nads are, and at the end of the clip it says all ropes supplied by…….ooops nearly slipped there.
Dan Osman used Black Diamond and Beal products; go black diamond 'n beal.
For those who don’t know Dano go search on Youtube. He’s like a Johnny/fanta in the making :lol:

So is there anybody else out there that wants to know just WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE BUYING before they put their life on the line! haha notice the pun :wink:

Johnny if I was asked to do the things you want done on that very same rope that I took a fall on way back when or to stick a needle in my eye... :?:
I'd stick a needle in my eye.. Why, because I know I could walk away from that :!:

Stu whats yr bank details I'll split the donations with you :lol: at least there are still a few sharp people around. We must be the ones who really want to know what our ropes are capable of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:14 pm 

@ Johnny by the way whats the difference between your number 1 and your number 4?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:00 pm 

@ Johnny AGAIN....

So I've been thinking a little... and that’s not good... sometimes it hurts and my Doctor said I should avoid it as much as possible...However.
I see in the left column of your post; you only just joined this site today... Funny that coz I started this topic to day too... also that your previous post was the first ever... lots of aggression in it too...

Who do you work for? A rope manufacturer perhaps??? Did you join this site just to rant at me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:20 am 

Hi Fanta,

It seems like you're the one getting worked up here!

The diffs between 1 & 4 is that with 1 you'd take a fall with the rope running through gear, with as uch rope out as possible to simulate a really big fall leading in the mountains. If you used a 60 meter rope, you'd climb 60 meters, but run out the last 7.5 meters, then fall 15.
With 4 you'd take a 10 meter drop from your anchor point. Quite different fall factors.

Quote:
I'm NOT a qualified rope tester then again is SABS experienced with testing climbing ropes

There you said it...you are not qualified, so, why waste everybody's time in doing this rope test? Who is going to trust your word in any case??? To me, it looks like you are trying to score yourself a free rope here, as, if the rope was really so suspect I'm sure that you wouldnt want to do a human test on it.

Secondly, a rope test should be based on SCIENCE. Not based on YOUR opinion of how a rope should operate. Being the 'experienced' climber you are, you should know that not all ropes have the same feel, thus your opinion really is just that. Unless you can provide some sort of scientific rider to determine the outcome of an actual rope test, then it would be better if you just stopped wasting everybody's time and money.

The reason for my previous post was to point out that you have no qualification to do a rope test and you certainly do not have the right to presume that the SABS does not have the capability to properly test a rope. They have the same machinery and follow the same guidelines as the ISO system, unless you have some proof that they cannot properly test a climbing rope.

Fanta, you were the one who pointed out your kingswing video clip in an attempt to prove your worthiness to test a rope. Is it hardcore? Well, it's up to you to decide. It still does not make you at all qualified to assume that everyone is going to play along with your game here.

Quote:
Who do you work for? A rope manufacturer perhaps??? Did you join this site just to rant at me?

What's the problem? Can't you take an alternative point of view on the matter? Grow up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 am 

Mr Knoxville

Don't take life too seriously dude. I think everyone decides, what they want in a rope, for themselves. If you want to take Fanta's report to heart, so be it.

Fanta, nice bit of trolling.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:40 am 

I think Knoxville is Drifter's brother and he's upset 'cause the milkman did not give him fudge too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:47 am 

WTF? The dude proposes to test a rope, and Mr. I-choose-a-dude-from-Jackass's-name (fitting, it seems) gets uptight about it. Why, Johnny, do you care what fanta does with a rope?

If you don't care, don't donate, whatever. Instead of supporting a test (yes granted, probably not the most scientific test, but then again, I don't climb in a lab, mostly on MOUNTAINS), you just attack the dude for wanting to test it?

Seems like you have some reason to not have the rope tested?

On the Southern Ropes thread, ropeworld said that they will be providing a rope for testing. What happened to this idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 am 

Because he aint about to say it, I will. Da big red baboon is a very experienced person on a rope - not only climbing, but all sorts of things involving harnesses and ropes in tricky situations.

And he has plenty of his own ropes. As the one who made the first critical comment on the rope in question, I think its pretty fitting he is the one who offered to test it, even if it was tongue in cheek and probably a good trolling!

JKnox, u looking like a real fool on this one to anyone who knows him. Best to hold it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 pm 

I am not prepared to confirm or deny working for a rope manufacturer.

@megawat - what makes YOU qualified to say if Fanta a qualified or not? Why is it that girls always feel the need to make comment on a guy's sport. Just focus on your little cup cake baking to take to the crags for the big boys.

@nosmo - You are correct, we dont climb in the lab. However, the lab is where proper tests can be done.

Let's see Fanta's qualifications then. He certainly qualifies to look like a dork doing a measly king swing like that!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:43 pm 

Hey Guest is that you being a chop in a differrent suit? I think this must be a case of trolling and counter trolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm 

It sounds like you actually want me to have that rope then. Post yr details and I'll send you my CV.
By the way Megawat never said anything about being \"QUALIFIED\" she said \"EXPERIENCED\" or did you not notice the difference :?:
It sounds like Johnny is all about stuff on paper and labs. I'm all about field-testing buddy. That’s where the real stuff gets a reputation.

P.S. Up yrs from Megawat, jackass :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:37 pm 

where's Drifter doesn't he have anyting to say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:12 pm 

The lab testing and the pieces of paper, which you so easily disregard, prevent your monkey ass from falling to the ground. Im not discrediting you in any way, Fanta, for all I know you could be some big shot in the climbing industry. Im just saying that, before you grace us with your stamp of approval, the real tests need to be performed. Because after all, those are the ones that really count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:36 pm 

:lol:

Hell even roid has a sense of humor... cheers mate we should have a beer some time...

Seriously:
What test are you doing?
When will they be finished?!?
When will that length of rope be up for grabs? Can I have 1st dibs :D
When can we see the test data from SABS?!?

Look forward to getting the answers to these questions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 pm 

Soon, Fanta. Real soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:47 pm 

Soon is a bit too relative... soon enough in a fly's lifetime or soon in terms of geology, and the rock might still be around to climb?
How many days, weeks, months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:44 pm 

Hey Knoxious, as a troll, that was big, hairy and visible from a mile off! I aint baking you cupcakes any time soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:21 pm 

\"I\" (I'll spo(n)sor the drinks)

I still believe Knoxville is related to Drifter, hehehehe.

-- Me & my horsie & a quart of beer --

-- I used to do a little but the little wasn't doing so the little got more & more --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:13 pm 

oops :oops: my bad thanks Dog
You welcome to bring as many beers as you please :D
I might need them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 pm 

Quote:
Post yr details and I'll send you my CV.

Fanta, why not post your CV here on the forum then? Show us all how 'experienced' you are then.

You're wrong about the lab testing situation. All of the gear you climb with has been refined and made far safer through lab tests. Since you will never be able to simulate all of the scenarios a rope will be in with your little rope test, I would think that you should just rather stop being so arrogant.

Fanta, let's just say that the rope in question is indeed suspect, and in your super experience you still manage to give it the \"Fanta Seal of approval\", somebody buys the rope based on your awesome experience and gets hurt. Are you going to take responsibility then? NO you wont. You'll be the first to point out that the rope in question has been tested scientifically.

Quote:
What test are you doing?
When will they be finished?!?
When will that length of rope be up for grabs? Can I have 1st dibs Very Happy
When can we see the test data from SABS?!?

I think if a test rope IS up for grabs, it should go to the best, most prolific climber who feels the need to test it. Seriously, who is going to buy the rope because you happened to have tested it? Who cares if you Fanta tested it??? I think a list of the top climbers should be drawn up, these people contacted and go from there. If someone like Alard or Clinton endorsed the rope, then it would mean a lot more.
Secondly, the test data does not have to be made public. The rope should pass the standards but the data belongs to the rope mnfcturer and is and should be none of your biz.

Quote:
Soon is a bit too relative... soon enough in a fly's lifetime or soon in terms of geology, and the rock might still be around to climb?
How many days, weeks, months?

Steroids, please ignore Fanta's posts. Clearly, by reading his rubbish everyone can see clear as day that he is far from the person needed to test a rope. Crawl back under your stone Fanta.

@megawat: don't starin yourself trying to come up with clever comments there. Save your energy for when you bend over and kiss Fanta's butt.

Post subject: sposor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm 

I think Johnny Jackass should do the test. I propose multiple factor 2 falls :idea:

Fanta where can I find your video clip?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:14 am 

That makes me think of that Koos Kombuis song:

\"Johnny maak 'n groot geraas\".....
\"Johnny was 'n f@kop\".....
\"Johnny is nie dood nie, hy's net uitgepass\" (maybe after those factor 2 falls, if we're lucky?)

Ditto on the video clip, I'd like to see it too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 am 

@Dog & ericd

You'll find the link in the on the main page of the forum under videos

@ Guest/Johnny.... blaaa blaaa you little black sheep.

If there is an accident will SABS take the fall for it??

Those prolific climbers you speak of, already have sponsors who would not be too pleased with them punting competition...

It would not look good in front of their clientele for Vice/Southern to ignore fanta...

All I want to know is when these tests will be done...
Fact: already it has been said that a length of rope will be made available for the biggest critic... (Not the most prolific climber)
that never happened...
Why?
they want to do a few tweaks and test before they happy with there product... that’s fine... so when can all local supporters run down to the shops to buy this new SUPA DUPA TWEAKED rope which at the way things are going might just be called \"Fanat's Fantasy\" By the way roid if you approve the name I get 5bucks :D :D wat dya think :wink:

I think Guest/Johnny has a bit of envy here. Who would listen with what he'd have to say if he did the test? Any takers?
Certainly not me :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:42 am 

It would seem as though Southern are making that rope available after all :!:
Check out the Southern ropes thread:
http://www.climbing.co.za/phpbb2/viewto ... c&start=40