Quantcast
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:33 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm a climber from america and I'm going to be working in bloubergstrad from august 6th-september6th. Afterward I was thinking about taking a 2 week climbing trip to the rocklands or anywhere else. If anybody wants to join, it would be much appreciated seeing as I have only shoes and a chalk bag. I'm climbing pretty weak nowadays around v2-v3+ish. Hope to hear from you guys, and hope that the rocklands are as good as I've heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:33 am 

this is getting pretty annoying. it's not THE rocklands. it's just called rocklands. please tell all your american friends to stop renaming our area.

i'm sure it's not your fault you call it that (it's probably chuck fryburger's), but i thought i'd let you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm 

No Marijus you're wrong didn't you know it's The Fontainebleau, The Bishop, The Rocklands, etc, etc. 8)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 pm 

Stu wrote:
No Marijus you're wrong didn't you know it's The Fontainebleau, The Bishop, The Rocklands, etc, etc. 8)

Are you sure Stu? That's news to me - not once have I heard or read any of the places you've mentioned with the word 'the' in front of them. Don't think I'm trying to say you're wrong, but honestly - are you 100% sure?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:46 pm 

Hi cpsantos
I must apologize on behalf of the my fellow Capetonian climbers (whom I don't know personally). They seem to have paid no notice to your real message and are once again having a pissing competition (what is it with some of the rock climbers on this site - so much flippin attitude it's embarassing - if they're not dissing each other they're dissing each other's town or city; if not that then they hone in on each others' specific choice of words. Some on dudes - chill out...)

Anyway, I wish I could join you mate - I've been wanting to check out Rocklands/The Rocklands for ages. I hope you get there and if you do... have a wicked time!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 am 

I wasn't gonna say anything (dons flame-resistant suit ;) ) but good post man. :D

Still, I've come to suspect that the members are not actually (or usually) as bad as they appear at first. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. :lol:

But anyway, yeah, welcome cpsantos. :D Don't mind them too much...mad all of them. ;)

--A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:48 am 

cpsantos

You've unwittingly stumbled into a proverbial hornet's nest - see the thread
What's up with THE Rocklands?
How would you feel if we asked for directions to The Hueco Tanks or The Red Rocks?

Ask for directions to Rocklands and you'll receive a far warmer reception.

And wear a thick skin when you visit this site. South African climbers are a passionate bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:13 am 

Dyl dude, I was joking, trying to emphsise Marijus' point!
As for cpsantos' request well I ain't going up any time soon, so I'm no help there. From what I here, the local showing at Rocklands has been pretty poor so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:04 pm 

Hey guys,
So I understand if some new people came in and starting calling my local spot, THE horsepens 40, or THE hueco tanks, I'd be a bit annoyed, but to be fair, there are places called \"the gunks\" and \"the red river gorge\". Also, I think the specimen video calls it the rocklands. Anyways, back to the original message.... anybody down for going to rocklands septemberish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:39 pm 

so, anybody interested. The trip is looking like its going to get reduced to 1 week at rocklands.

Post subject: Rocklands
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:18 am 

Hello,
I`m the guy how had another Message on this Forum. I`m stay`n in capetown for some days. I Plan to go to the Rockland`s but it`s forbitten for only one Person. So call me if you interestet. I`m 25 years old and from Bavaria - Germany. I lead something between 28 -30 Sa Grading.
See ya
Martin
Cell: 0828584003

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:49 am 

Don't forget that the best climbing in South Africa is at THE Restaurant!

013 257 0363
climb @t rocrope dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:25 pm 

Hello,
i send you allready a Mail few days ago. Concerning a trip to the Rocklands, did you at all get my mail? I hired a car and would like to leave from Cape Town around the sixth of september.
Are you still interesstet in finding a Climbing Partner, since climbing in the rocklands alone (bouldering) is not allowed.
Id woud be great if meeting up with you work out.
My Cellphone number again: 0828584003 calling from SA if you are calling from outside the country you must dial: 0027828584003
See you
Martin
P.s.: My E-Mail adress is raketenreiter@hotmail.com

Post subject: Rocklands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am 

Hi guys

My climbing partner and I are heading out to Rocklands tomorrow evening. We'll be there until Tuesday next week. We probably won't have space for anybody in the car but we're always keen to meet up with new people to climb with if you're looking.
If you're keen to meet up when you're there give me a call on 084 703 1002 or mail me at marisas@rsp.co.za and we can make a plan.

Cheers :D