Quantcast
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:02 pm 

OneDog!!! Where u, man?

Is it true that you go by the funny nickname of 'emile' :? now? Hey!?

Wassup dude! Also, what happened to the JOTD?

The reason of my post is: Hows it going on our 'pact-challenge'? You remember? We both committed and said we'd climb a route 2 grades higher than our previous redpoint attempt...
So, I made it dude! Took me about 5 months, but I finally made it! Man, what a ride!!!
I love Climbing!
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:23 pm 

hey brolloks - congrats!

I've been hectically busy, did not get much climbing done in the last couple of months. I've started again this month, so hopefully I'll have news soon.....

JOTD: Same excuse as above.
John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, 'Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!' That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, 'I won the prize for the Best toast of the night.' She said, 'Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?'John said, 'Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife.' 'Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!' Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's drinking buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, 'John won the prize the other night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary.'

She said, 'Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the last four years. Once he fell asleep,
and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come.'

PS: If anyone has a large amount of of cash lying around and wants to invest in a fellow climber's super cool startup, feel free to drop me a line... I'd very much like to retire young and give brolloks a run for his money :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 pm 

:lol:

Jannie built himself a go-cart out of scrap wood and bits of whatever he could salvage from the scrapyard. And being a daredevil, he took his rickety contraption to the steepest road in town for a test drive.

As he mounted the 'cockpit' , he scouted the road ahead for any obstacles, and saw that the only trouble ahead might be where the road curved to the right, way at the bottom. So off he went...

Nearing the speed of light, the contraption couldn't take it anymore, and just as he tried to take the turn, his left front wheel came off. His tumbleweed-like crash took him over the sidewalk, through a beautiful rosebush and almost into Reverend van der Merwe's prizewinning Lilly garden, with the Reverend staring at the spectacle in astonishment.

Jannie let out a mighty 'BLIKSEM!' as he tried to kick himself free of the wreckage. Immediately the Rev took to his job and told Jannie angrily he shouldn't swear like that.

\"Rather say 'halleluja' next time you're in trouble!\" and he chased Jannie out of his garden.

Jannie took the remains of his go-cart back home, fixed it and returned to the hill. The Rev saw him coming down again and watched the spectacle unfold.
Just as Jannie took the turn again, the left wheel popped off, again. But Jannie screamed loudly: 'HALLELUJA!', and the wheel jumped back onto the go-cart.

And the Rev said: 'BLIKSEM!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:35 pm 

:lol:

Cheers brolloks!

I'll scrounge around and find something cool for the JOTD thread again. Once again, congrats and good going on that redpoint, wish it was me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:32 pm 

OneD!

I've decided to cut you some slack on climbing that '2 grades higher' thing and release you of all pressure to climb that 33 you've always dreamed of!

Why?
Well, hell, you deserve it man!

In my book there's only one thing better than climbing hard, and that is developing and bolting new areas...

Anyways, I'm off to work my next project...
new routes costs too much...

:roll: :roll: