Quantcast
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 pm 

The first hanger for Younger, Fitter, Faster on the North Dome, Blinkkoppe (aka Wellingtons Dome) has been removed.

The second is quite high up and, although one shouldn't fall making this clip, if you do it wont be fun.

Please would some kind soul replace this hanger when next visiting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:47 pm 

The locals at Wellington’s obviously enjoy shiny bits of metal. They stole the chains off some of the routes we opened there. If that 1st hangar on Younger… gets replaced it’ll probably just get stolen again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:40 pm 

The hanger has been missing for a long time.

If you are finding it a bit dodge getting to the first clip, then wait until the runouts on pitch 2 and 3. Those will certainly put you in your place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:55 am 

AndrewP wrote:
The hanger has been missing for a long time.

If you are finding it a bit dodge getting to the first clip, then wait until the runouts on pitch 2 and 3. Those will certainly put you in your place.

given that the second and third piches are somewhat off the ground means that there is plenty of rope to protect a fall on these run-outs, so no a problem; the first hanger is a different story though. your insight into the problem is not useful, but thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:35 am 

"Please would some kind soul replace this hanger when next visiting."

Your offer for someone else to replace the hanger is not useful. Why don't you do it yourself? Who do you think the kind soul should be? What stops you from doing it? Buy a hanger, an M10 nut & a 17 spanner & get too it. Take some responsibility.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:51 am 

Well said Marshall! It is amazing how many climbers expect other people to do this stuff for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:35 am 

Marshall1 wrote:
"Please would some kind soul replace this hanger when next visiting."

Your offer for someone else to replace the hanger is not useful. Why don't you do it yourself? Who do you think the kind soul should be? What stops you from doing it? Buy a hanger, an M10 nut & a 17 spanner & get too it. Take some responsibility.

Again; not a very useful comment. I was being pro-active in getting the problem solved, but it seems that this forum is not the place to seek assistance from the climbing community at large.

I will be taking a hanger along on my next visit, along with some loctite to try to prevent the hanger being stolen again (thanks Hector for the info here), but as I only go through to Wellingtons roughly once a year, I thought that I would be able to find someone who may be wanting to remedy the problem sooner. Apparently not. The only thing that there does seem to be a lot of on this forum is whining and cocky remarks which are aimed at causing further problems, rather than finding solutions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:00 pm 

by the looks of things anyone that was thinking of getting Lucky elsewhere will have to take matters into their own hands.