It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:01 pm 

YET ANOTHER BREAK-IN

3 Cars were broken into at Peers Cave on Tuesday evening. Our radios were ripped out even without the faces. My number plates were ripped off. All handles ripped off or damaged on all three cars. Backboards ripped to pieces Car doors left wide open ect. NOT A NICE SITE AFTER A GREAT CLIMB. This is becoming an all to common pattern. What can be done? :cry:

The way they do this seems that they pull up to the car park. A number of them break into one of the cars, they then sit in the car as if they own it while one guys steals the radio and the other guys search the car for other valuables. Meanwhile another guys stands down the path and watches for any returning hikers or climbers.

I personally bolted my radio to the chassis of my car with a thick strip of metal. This took me quite a while to get it on so I expect it took them quite a while to get it off.

:evil: :evil:
I guess most people feel like me. If you could just catch one of these bastards you would beat the s@#t out of them. :evil: :evil:

Is there a way of stopping these theives. I dont believe they were vagrants. Because of the stuff they took and the stuff they left behind.

CAN WE GO ON LIKE THIS???

Cheers Sheriff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:54 pm 

Deputise Me Sheriff!!!

I think ambush is a very viable option. :idea:

Post subject: Sting operation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:12 pm 

Lets setup a sting operation catch them in the act on camera ambush them
then cart them off to the police or whatever punishment the public deems fit.

hhmmmmmwwwoooohhahahha :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Break-ins
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:38 pm 
No point in handing them over to the police. They'll just be turned out back on the streets on bail. These guys are definitely professionals as they are also stealing numberplates, obviously for other missions.
Personally, I'd like to see them beaten to within an inch of their lives. Send them home with a message!

Post subject: beat the buggers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:56 am 
I'll join you guys on an ambush. We get no police involved. Just break all their fingers and beat the hell out of them. Make them wish they had never been born...tell me when I'm there

Post subject: fokem up
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:10 am 
Hey Guys

If i was still in South Africa id join you on your sting op I had my radio stolen a stack of times in CT. Someone should beat the crap out of these Aholes. Anyways make sure you take a large angry well armed mob as these guys are probably armed and dangerous so be careful.

Post subject: Break-ins
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:46 pm 
I have staked out Silvermine car park (Topside) before the current car guard became a regular fixture. I observed break-ins, chased guys while swinging logs, but most importantly got their numbers. I have local police and S'mine office numbers on my phone. We had 2 successful busts. In one the park officials raced over and blocked the gate so culprits couldn't escape. Owner of damaged car wouldn't press charges !!! In the other, the car I reported was seen at Boulders (breaking in there) and a car chase ensued, with one of the swine being shot on Chapman's Peak !!! In another case, where my climbing partner's car was stolen and mine broken into, we gave numbers to police. They did computer trace and simply gave us the address of the registered owner ?? Basically saying sort it out how you see fit I guess ?
Be extremely wary of confronting these guys unless you know exactly what you are getting into.

Post subject: break ins
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:05 pm 
Apparently in Tuesdays incident, an \"affermative\" taxi was observed pulling into the car park at Peers Cave. The occupants were coloureds, 3 juvenile (around 17) one adult. (driver)
Chances are if they are bust, it won't help going to the police as these guys will simply be released into the care of their parents as they are considered minors. We need to teach them a lesson, but they may well be armed. :evil:

Post subject: Re: break ins
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:31 pm 
[quote="Karlbase "]Apparently in Tuesdays incident, an "affermative" taxi "

Hey Moron learn to spell affirmative !!!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:44 pm 
Touchy?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:14 pm 
Yeah im a touchy , feely type of guy :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:03 pm 

Break ins at Peers cave have been going on for years. I had a car radio stolen there probably some 10 years ago, and even then it was a relatively common occurance. The lesson is that if you park in the usual parking spot next to the trail head, assume that you car will get broken into. The better alternative is to rather park in the suburbs to the right (shortly before the Peers Cave parking) and just walk a bit further. There is a secured estate with gaurded access nearby. Park in sight of the gaurd house.

Also re the \"affirmative\" comment. Whether you meant it or not, the post did come across as having a racist overtone. If the bastards were white, would it make it more acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:32 pm 
I agree with paddy. Perhaps Karlbase can explain what exactly an 'affirmative taxi' is???

On a different vein, although I relish the thought of these people having the shit kicked out of them, what you're suggesting is illegal. Yes, these buggers have no respect for the law - that's what makes them criminals - but YOU should know better.
Is there a legal alternative? Citizen's arrest IS legal in South Africa, but you may be held responsible for claims of 'unnecessary force'. Broke had some interesting ideas...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:36 pm 
:?: Jeez you should lısten to yourselves. Youre gettıng all twitchy about a vaguely discriminatory remark and yet are advocating extreme violence in the same breath! You are being just like the gangsters that you are supposedly so dead set agaınst. Get real - park elsewhere.