Quantcast
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 pm 

An MCSA meet was held at Hellfire crags in Du Toits Kloof this last Saturday. It was moderately attended, however what the crowd lacked in numbers they made up for in enthusiasm. Routes were climbed in the Hellfire Buttress, Pit and Smokescreen areas. For some it was a first visit and others were returning to the crag after a long absence. Some sent, others struggled a bit, some flaked out in the heat (myself included) but all in all I think people had a great time, in fact I cant remember anyone ever saying they have had a kak time at this crag!
As you probably know there is an international meet, which will include a rock rally type event, planned to take place in Du Toit's Kloof during the month of April. This should see many more stoked climbers on the orange walls of Hellfire. Hope to see y'all there. see:
http://www.climb.co.za/forum/viewtopic. ... =4194&sid=
PS the long delayed guidebook will be available prior to this event so that people can plan competition strategy - hooray!