Quantcast
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Pakhuys Bouldering
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:56 am 
It is now official, NO climbing at the bouldering area on the De Pakhuys Farm (previously known as Alpha Farms) if entry is not sort from the owner at that farm, Thys. Do not seek entry from the Alpha Exelsior Farms. As Connie does not own the land, there is a new area that is on his land and this topo will be released soon. My personal opinion is that greed is responsable for the lastest development but what the laymen does not know is that climbers will move on to bigger and better things (a awesome huge new area :-) But will still need a place to stay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:29 pm 
Hi everyone,

I have spoken, to the person who wrote the letter that j posted in this thread. He has asked that nothing be published without his consent. Therefore his letter has been removed.
Climb ZA
p.s.
If anyone is going to start calling names, at least put your name up so someone can reply.
---------------

See below. Stuart....it might be a good time to enlighten the climbing community over which T*t was dumping rubbish over there and obviously didn't help the situation.

j

**Letter reomved**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:31 pm 
I was there this past Sunday. You can climb, you just have to go to the other farmer, not Alpha farm. He does charge R20 a day though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,
j, could you please contact me regarding the thread you posted on behalf of Thys & Karin.
info@climbing.co.za
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:08 pm 
Sounds like a throw-back from the 80's. What a doos.

Post subject: Pakhuys Bouldering
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:07 pm 

Hi guys,

I spoke to Thys today and he told me that bouldering at De Pakhuys is banned until the guidebook that I'm working on is finished and paths to all areas are established.

He is still positive about the future of bouldering at De Pakhuys but wants to calm down the whole situation. Mark and Thys are still keen to open a campsite close to the bouldering.

So until further notice bouldering at De Pakhuys is not allowed. Please will all climbers respect the land owners wishes so that we can resolve this situation and secure access to this area in future.

Sorry guys.

cheers,
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:39 am 
Micheal, Klem has already done a complete guide for the area with names and grades, contact him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:01 pm 
\"If anyone is going to start calling names, at least put your name up so someone can reply.\"

Having or not having a name does not affect whether you can reply or not. If the two land owners are having a tiff then they should sort it out separately and not put the climbing community in the middle.

j

PS. The only reason my full name wasn't there is because the registration process is a ball ache and I was just distributing news that without the climbing community taking heed may lead to the permanent closure of what is meant to be one of the best current areas at Rocklands. James Roberts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:14 am 

I've organised a slot at the MCSA on Tuesday 4 October to talk about the situation at De Pakhuys - hopefully this will be somewhat more constructive than ranting in a forum.

PLease will all interested people make an effort to be there.

Where: MCSA club house, 97 Hatfield Street, Cape Town
When: Tuesday 4 October, 8pm

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Incidentally, the main event that night is Tony Lourens talking about his recent trip to the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:12 am 
Sounds good Guy. Wot happened to just heading out into the desert, finding some good rock and just cranking some cool moves? No names, grades, gudebooks, no BS! Just fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:58 am 

Hi Greg

I guess that we found out that the desert belonged to somebody. Somebody who has become sick and tired of people rocking up and climbing on his land without asking permission, cutting down his trees, making their own unstable paths and leaving their trash.

See you on Tuesday.

Ciao

Guy