Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: climb on the week ends
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:24 pm 

Hey guys.

Come on, there has got to be some one in the Gauteng area who would not mind a new climber to at least join a group of climbers. I have my own equipment, and am very keen to go on the week ends. I am sure that fellow climbers help each other out in this way. so I appeal to your good side and help a brother out. like I said in my last attempt, my wife is expecting and is unable to belay. I need to climb.

Dassie. :( :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:43 pm 

Jeepers, 22 views, no replies,... and I thought Cape Town was cliquey!! :shock:
Kom aan djulle djo'burgers.... give a ou some slack ek se'!

Dassie, if I was up that side, I'd say join in, but alas I'm down this side.

Can suggest though, that you just rock up at Strubens, or the Chosspile (if you're okay walking in and possibly finding no-one there), with all your kit, a big slab of chocalate and some cans of beer. Barter beer and choccies for a belay from whoever is there.

:wink:

Post subject: u'r welcome
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:50 pm 
dude, u'r welcome to join us anytime. we live in jozi and climb every weekend. either 'boven or chosspile or if time is sparse, strubens. but mainly chosspile and our new 'catwalk' crag which we're developing still. As long as you'r climbing up to mid twenties u'll have fun with us. we're not hardcore by any means but none of us really bother with anything under an 18. just mail me weasilboy@mweb.co.za and I'll exchange numbers etc...oh, and if u'r some deranged,nacrophiliac axe mrdering pervert, then you'll fit in even better. Peace:)

Post subject: Catwalk??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm 
Hi Weaselboy,

Is 'Catwalk' in the chosspile area or is it somewhere different? or is all info under wraps until its finished? :wink:

Post subject: narf
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:45 pm 
hey joe,it's not really under wraps. it is very near to chosspile and it's a rad new area with 50 meter walls. there are 7 routes in the area from 16 to 25 and the setting is really worth it. theres a fair bit of potential for new stuff too. We were going to unveil the new area to everybody a few months ago but then we decided to be selfish about it like the guys who climbed out 'The Secret Garden' and never let anyone else do anything till they had ticked off every line!

That was a joke, BTW!!! just email me, and I'll send you a satelite image of where it is and how to get there, as well as a route guide. The real reason we've not blurted out to everyone is that some buddies of mine were told by zoo officials that the mountain is off limits, so solid access will need to be negotiated before it can become public. However we have been keen to show key climbers the spot and hopefully drum up some enthusiasm from the MCSA's side, where access can be signed off. Personally, I've never been stopped in the area and it is seriously a climbers dream. Multipitch sport climbing in Gauteng. It's rad. My email link is above.

Post subject: JOIN THE FORCE!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:06 am 

Yo Weisleboy, thanks for the support, I'll e-mail you for more info.
I still recon more climbers should join the force!
Afterall, if we want to keep up with the French, we need to help each other with what I feel is the best sport in the universe.
I recon the aliens are looking at us wishing they had fingers. :lol: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:04 pm 

Yo weasilboy, your email address keeps on getting bounced. Do you have another one I can get u on. I'm keen to get hold of that Catwalk RD.
Dassie, you're welcome to come tradding with us sometime. We'll be in Upper Tonquani this weekend, dodging enthusiastic adventure racers. Drop me a mail on hector[at]rula.co.za (replace [at] with @)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:42 am 

Hi Dassie

We live in Strubens and have also been looking for people to climb with. We are fairly new to the scene too so perhaps we could hook up at Strubens for a climb. You can mail me on gunter[at]richter.co.za and we can arrange something.

Cheers,

Gunter

Last edited by cardinal_guntz on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Catwalk Crag
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:02 am 

weasilboy wrote:
hey joe,it's not really under wraps. it is very near to chosspile and it's a rad new area with 50 meter walls. there are 7 routes in the area from 16 to 25 and the setting is really worth it. theres a fair bit of potential for new stuff too.
[snip]

That was a joke, BTW!!! just email me, and I'll send you a satelite image of where it is and how to get there, as well as a route guide. The real reason we've not blurted out to everyone is that some buddies of mine were told by zoo officials that the mountain is off limits, so solid access will need to be negotiated before it can become public.

[snip]

climbers dream. Multipitch sport climbing in Gauteng.

Ummm... if you're referring to the south-facing crags above the snake-park and zoo at Harties then I suspect that you might (a) have rediscovered an existing climbing area and (b) have ended up retro-bolting a number of trad-lines. I remember rescuing a couple of climbers from the area in the early 90's when they got stuck on a route and overnighted on it.

Please contact me offline at robt[at]sml.co.za for more.

Regards

Rob

082-652-1490 (all hours but try to be reasonable)

Post subject: route guide cat walk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am 

Hi

I am looking for the route guide for catwalk can anyone mail it to me
stepheng@nedbank.co.za

i tried mailing weasilboy@mweb.co.za but the mail bounced

tx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:11 am 

Check this thread: http://www.climbing.co.za/phpbb2/viewto ... 368c#12669

--A