Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:17 am 

Hi! my name is Sergio I'm from Argentina (south america). And I'm looking for info about Bouldering close to Jbg, o r on the road to Cape Town. I'll be in Johanesburg 30/12 with my friend, we want to go to rockland mainly, but if we could know another bouldering places, could be much better.
If somebody want to come with us would be fantastic!!!
Thanks a lot!!
Sergio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:43 am 

ciao, sounds good . there are a few places in and around Jhb for some bouldering.... we might take a trip down to Swinburne near Harrismith and then down to Qwantani.... the bouldering is fantastic ! drop me a mail @ timmyhex@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:55 am 

Hey Segrio

Check out the below post. You can contact Jaco re bouldering at Little Falls. His number is at the bottom of the post.

Jaco here from Adrenalin Rush.

As some of you have guessed, we have moved from Hillfox to Little Falls Resort, Falls Road, Little Falls.

We would love to see some of the old faces and hopefully some new ones as well.

To get to Little Falls Resort, travel along Hendrik Potgieter, past Hillfox towards Krugersdorp. Pass Clearwater Mall and Makro. Keep going past the Little Falls Garden Centre on your right. At the next robot you will see Ball & Bucket on your right and a Church on your left. Turn left here, this is Falls Road.

Stay on this road as it bend to the left at Hadeco. Carry on straight as this road ends at the Resort. The guys at the security gate will direct you further.

Bring the kids and cozzies as there is a nice pool and lots of braais.

We are open on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 18h00, or any other day or evening for 3 people or more, this needs to be booked and confrimed first please.

We are also open on Saturdays and Sundays from 09h00.

Hope to see you soon, bring some friends....

Jaco
Adrenalin Rush
083 419 5850

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:37 pm 
Sergio,

My advice is, if you want good climbing, to leave Johannesburg as soon as you can and get down to Cape Town, especially if you want to go bouldering. Preferably, don't even leave the airport, just get on the next plane to Cape Town.

Post subject: bouldering
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:47 pm 
yeah sergio

Come to Cape Town and go bouldering at topside, because you might just die of heat in rocklands and the rest of the country, except if you're willing to get up at 05h and climb after 17h. It's gonna be f hot, but of course still possible.

peace.

Post subject: bouldering
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:48 pm 
yeah sergio

Come to Cape Town and go bouldering at topside, because you might just die of heat in rocklands and the rest of the country, except if you're willing to get up at 05h and climb after 17h. It's gonna be f hot, but of course still possible.

peace.

Post subject: Re: bouldering
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:14 am 
Hi!
So, where is topside?, Is it a good bouldering spot? Are there a lot of grades?, Where are you from? Can you help us there?
Thak you a lot!
my e mail: chapadmalai@hotmail.com, chapadmalai@yahoo.com
Bye!