Quantcast
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:41 am 

Anyone know when it will be released it? Come on guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:12 pm 

As I understand it (and I may be wrong) Hein is having an epic getting the music rights (using a Kurt Darren song is the same as using a U2 song - you have to get mechanical rights from the record co, some other rights from SA Recording Indutries, pay royalties to the artist etc etc).

Although I've also heard that this has been resolved and the DVD should be available soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:17 am 

Excellent, never thought I would be this motivated about purchasing a Kurt Darren song!

Post subject: banana
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:21 am 
[quote="Guy"]As I understand it (and I may be wrong) Hein is having an epic getting the music rights (using a Kurt Darren song is the same as using a U2 song - you have to get mechanical rights from the record co, some other rights from SA Recording Indutries, pay royalties to the artist etc etc).

Guy, why shouldnt it be the same as a U2 song? duh! A song is a song. It's a global industry. You are correct about mechanical rights, this is better worded as a license to use the song for a specific purpose. This would then be coupled to the artist's publisher regardless, and the royalties would be recorded from actual tv flightings via SAMRO. They would perhaps have to submit a sales report bianually to share profits with collaborating artists.

cool, but Guy, lets not be assholes and discredit artists like your statement indirectly did. Business is business, end of story. I'm just glad to see that film makers are using local music even if it is Kurt Darren.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 pm 
all the songs used are local

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:40 pm 

Sorry if it came across that I was dissing Kurt. Personally I think he's pretty cool considering the way he handled having the piss taken on Laugh Out Loud (about a month ago on MNET) - although I don't actually own any of his albums.

What I was trying to say was that it makes no difference what music you want to use - ie being geographically close to the artist is irrelevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:43 pm 
SpunK Jizz...re-read Guy's post.

Kurt Darren & local music was not dissed in any way. Your response is way offensive. Guy was simpily stating the facts. You are seeing way to much into what was said.

An apology would be in order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:00 pm 
S J - sounds like you are a hypocrite as you even have to end off having a dig at Kurt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:59 pm 
Agreed - hypocritical comments like \" I'm just glad to see that film makers are using local music even if it is Kurt Darren\" would suggest that SJ is having a dip at Kurt Darren.

SJ - I don't think your comments towards Guy are particularly fair. Is he not just trying to answer someone's question posted on the site. And yes it is harder to obtain rights to U2 than Kurt Darren...both in terms of cost and royalties.

Guy - Is there any predicted release date with the rights issues in mind?

j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All righty... forget the music it’s been signed off. I have just spoken to Hein (producer) and he expects the movie to be out before Xmas. Everyone has been on him about the movie's release and he's doing everything as fast as he can.
Hmmm.. now do I lock this thread or not :roll:

Climb ZA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:23 pm 
At lease give Spunk Jizz a chance to appologize

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:09 am 
I'm leaving on the 18 Nov for Us and Europe and was planning on buying a couple of DVDs as gifts :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:05 am 

Scott don't worry they didn't specify which Christmas.....

Post subject: apology?!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:47 pm 
I didn't say you have to like kurt or respect his music. I sure as hell don't. I ufcking hate his sugary crap excuse for music. I probably wont buy the dvd because of this 'artist' you've chosen to pay your money to.

My point was not to discredit the artist. This means his intellectual property which, the turd that it is, is still a registered song in an above board industry. So I was merely saying that why should it cost less because it's local? business is business, read what I said. We're not talking about the subjective content of the art.

Derek, I've read many of your posts and all I have to say is that you have a very negative and abrasive personality. I feel for those who have to tolerate your brash, impulsive person. I feel for you.

No apology dudes. You can all rather smooch my behind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:00 pm 
SP...you are quite confusing. First you imply that Guy is an ass. Then you offer us the chance to \"smooch\" your \"behind!\" And you totaly dis Kurt D But I have the negitive & abrasive personality. Where does impulsive come from?

No comment on any of your other personalities

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:06 am 
Guy, if I implied your were an asshole, apologies. I didnt mean this at all. Derek, I dont want to get into a catfight here. If I've offended you, my apologies as well. You often have a strong opinion on matters and my apologies for reading negative things into this. It's hard not to when you tell Rachel Colenso to \"take your head out of your ass.\"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:07 pm 
No worries Spunk Jazz. I'm suffering from a finger injury. My 3rd week out of any climbing...so things are geting kind of tense this side.

My apologies to all the people I have abraded & neged out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:31 am 
Leave Derek as abrasive as he is. It keen me sharp, focused. Thank for your concern, but we can handle being around derek just find. The east cape is a hard place if you cant hadle the likes of derek you probibly wont handle the long walk-ins, the run-outs, the abrasive rock and the lack of bolts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:55 am 
Leave Derek as abrasive as he is. It keen me sharp, focused. Thank for your concern, but we can handle being around derek just find. The east cape is a hard place if you cant hadle the likes of derek you probibly wont handle the long walk-ins, the run-outs, the abrasive rock and the lack of bolts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:57 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:52 am 
having troble with pc. as you may notice. Rain has kept me inside. So i'm giving this forum thing a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:11 pm 
Hey thanks Garvin. Much apeciated. I was just thinking of trying to be sweet for a change, now I will stay the same.