Quantcast
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ARF @ The Mine 29 Nov
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Howzit all you brommas.....

ARF has done some good work and now we need to finish rebolting at the Mine. I will be leading a re-bolting meet on Sunday 29 November. We will be meeting at 12h00 at the crag. I don't want people to come along and sit around so if you are keen please send your name and list your area of expertise to ARF@climbing.co.za.
And if you can't make this one, Andy Davies says he will be organising another one in early 2010 at Lower Silvermine / Kleinmond.

If any of you yuppies with kids can't make it and feel guilty, I would also like to get some blokes in to clean up the path and road a bit. So feel free to help with job creation and pay for a day's labour.
Email ARF@climbing.co.za if you are keen.

Sean Maasch

Anchor Replacement Fund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:16 pm 

So Sean Maasch "Mellow" has kindly offered to organise an ARF meet for this Sunday, 29 Nov. We have had a response from the usual list of suspects and a few fresh faces as follows:

Bolters:
Sean Maasch
Andy Davies
Jimbo Smith
Jason T-Forbes
Douw Steyn

Bolt Choppers:
Trevor Smuts

Belayers & hot babes:
Beth Higgins

We do need more help people, especially with removing the old bolts. If you can wield a spanner and hacksaw you can definitely help us. And if you have ever clipped one of those schweet big ARF rings then you definitely should feel guilty if you are too damn lazy to come and help - its for a good cause: your safety! We have had 2 bolt failures at the Mine already, so don't think it will never happen.

If you are keen to join us please email me at andy.daviesATeskom. We will be meeting at 12h00 at the Mine.

Andy Davies
For Anchor Replacement Fund