Quantcast
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm 

Very new and looking for routes to climb in the Garden Route area. Can anybody help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:20 pm 
Where do you stay? the garden route runs from Mosselbay to Storms river, so its quite a big area, there are a lot of \"adrenalin sports\" happening down there, maybe try to get hold of the guys who run the abseiling at featherbed in Knysna \"bookings@featherbed.co.za\", they should climb or be able to put you in touch with whoever runs climbing excursions etc. hope that helps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:09 pm 
old forest crag has bolted routes, not a beginners crag though slightly out there. Wolverrivier is the other bolted venue. much friendlier crag routes of all grades.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:41 pm 

THANKS MARK! I'll mail the guys from featherbed, but they're a bit far. I'm actually looking for a spot close to Nature's Valley or Stormsriver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:28 pm 
I understand that there are some sport routes not too far from Nature's Valley - I think Tony Louren's guide to sport routes in the Western Cape has the topos.

Post subject: Climb Old Forest Crag
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:25 pm 
Hi Jana

I will be in Nature's Valley Dec 12 - 19 and am looking for someone to climb with for half a day at Old Forect Crag.

George
george.horn@za.flextronics.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:01 am 

George

Thanks! Unfortunately I will only be at Nature's Valley from about the 23rd of December...

Do you have a house @ Nature's?

And don't you perhaps have a RD for the Old Forest Crag?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:54 pm 
Hi Jana, I will be in Herold's Bay (close to George) from 22 December. The best crag on the Garden Route (ok, just inland from the Garden Route) is Oudtshoorn. Always keen to go through on rainy days. You're welcome to come along - send me an email at willemleroux@maxitec.co.za and I will send you my contact details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:05 pm 
Hi Jana, I will be in Herold's Bay (close to George) from 22 December. The best crag on the Garden Route (ok, just inland from the Garden Route) is Oudtshoorn. Always keen to go through on rainy days. You're welcome to come along - send me an email at willemleroux@maxitec.co.za and I will send you my contact details.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:37 pm 

Thanks everybody! We got stunning routes (Van Staden's Gorge) and we did some good climbing! Will hopefully visit place again end of this year and maybe do some camping!

Have a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:44 pm 

Hey Jana !
Whereabout in van Stadens did you go climbing ? Will be great to hear from you exactly which crag you visited and routes you guys tried .
Thanks .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:04 pm 

We climbed @ The Beach at Van Stadens: the first 2 routes just as you get there 19 & 18 - (before you go down to the beach) and then my partner climbed one of the lekker overhang-routes!

Unfortunately I was pumped as I haven't been keeping fit for 3 week's before we climbed at The Beach so only got halfway with the overhang route.

You been there?