Quantcast
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:27 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Bain's Kloof
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:47 pm 
What's the dealio with Bain's Kloof, I'm itching for a new climbing area, I hope someone's developed thousands of wicked cool boulder problems and is on the verge of posting topos on the net for the trillions of boulderers in the western cape to see.
I also hope the problems are close to the tweede tol camp site so that long term visits are easy and convienent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:52 pm 
That's exactly what I was hoping, the upcoming christmas holidays are going to be so long without a new bouldering area. Us minority Japanese boulderers in RSA are so desperate for hard bouldering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:30 pm 

Sup Yosuke/Ryuchi

you should send me an email and i can put you in contact with the people who are developing the area.

mickey.b@webmail.co.za

Bain's is not yet ready for the greater climbing public, but the quality and potential is endless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:36 pm 
You are not a fool after all Fool!All in due time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:07 am 
Domo Arigato for the info

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:39 pm 
I quote from Fool -\"not yet ready for the climbing world\". Not sure what that means but Fool can be sure that he is not the first person to have bouldered at Bain's Kloof - near and far from the Tweede Tol area.

Perhaps it means that he feels that he can unleash an area on the climbing world only once he has named, claimed and graded all problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:40 pm 
I just wanted to say thanks to my very good friend 'Developer', you have shown me around your area and i appreciant that. Very cool indeed! Don't listen to guest? he's just jealous and lazy! I have only lived in CT for 6 months and alreally I've found an area as good as any at Topside, so for those craving new problems go out and find them.
I'm in LA at the moment and today we off to open some new stuff, it's crazy to think there are unclimbed boulders in the middle of LA?
To Fool and Developer, wosup my niggers! Hope exams are going well and your not drinkin gto much
Peace out and i'll see ya boys soon... Well in May :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:48 pm 

Hey Scott that new area we found, well I'm working that cool 7? and should have it waxed by the time you get back - the price you pay for leaving our shores!! Have fun man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:02 pm 
No worries Boet, all boulders are open projects... but beware she is a tendon snapper...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:48 pm 

Guest, you are an idiot....

The reason I say that \"Bain's is not ready for the climbing public\" is because:
As you may or may not know climbing (even in well established areas) is commonly frowned upon by the CNC, land owners and the general public. Even by a brief inspection of half of the forum topics on the site you will realise that ACCESS is an ISSUE. If I or the developer & co. were to say (on an open forum such as this) that Bain's is the next Rocklands and you should get there ASAP!!! I am certain that half of the cape climbing community will be out there trying to find boulders (to name and claim as you imply) and in the process trample half the fynbos and what ever else CNC blames us (as climbers) for.

We would not like to see this beautiful and superb area closed to climbers before it is even opened. As you must know (since you have obviously bouldered in Bain's) there are thousands of boulders in the Bain's Kloof area and it would be impossible for our small contingent to open everything in a single life time. We merely want to establish a framework (topo's of better area's, path's and access issues) for further development.... in the areas that we have worked there are (good quality) problem's that range from 4??? to 8a??? and above that we have simply walked past (because there is just so many). So when topo's are produced there will be projects of all grades for anyone to open...........

I have been contacted by the MCSA who are developing some bouldering near their hut (Krom River, Du Toits Kloof) and they would like to put out a guide of the entire area. We will be working with them over December to get a formal guide / topo out ASAP... if you feel you could contribute to this process it would be most appreciated, so drop me an email (as of yet we have not ventured anywhere near the Tweede Tol area).

If people (like Scott) just took a small step out of \"the box\" and looked around the next corner..... New areas can be found almost anywhere, even in Cape Town where climbers have been frequenting for years. But when you do find a new area beware of how you let the rest of us know.... look what happened at the Alpha farms, for example.

The mountains can never truly be owned by anyone.... get a wildcard and go explore......

Michael Baleta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:50 pm 

hey scott
Exams.....????? whats that... hahaha and ja we stopped drinking for a while.

peace bru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:44 pm 
I haven't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sidewinder1 is just being a pussy bru!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:48 pm 
My sidewinder#1 stopped drinking but i couldn't man!happy crankin' scott!jj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:50 pm 
Sorry to hear about the weather (f@#king hot) your having in that part of the world- Bain's must be hell, not to mention Rocklands :-(
Here it's good considering it's the NE and winter time. The Gunks was awesome by the way!!!!!! And the Basalt in NJ is great fun, sweet friction for the best slopers I've climbed on thus far!!! That might change though when we hit Bleau... oh boy I have a tough life ;-) Peace out my brothers!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:37 pm 
You do man, it must suck balls to be you! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:31 am 
I never actually stopped drinking.... i just slowed down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:09 pm 

Does anyone know what the camp fees are a Tweede Tol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:10 pm 

Does anyone know what the camp fees are at Tweede Tol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:11 pm 

Does anyone know what the camp fees are at Tweede Tol?