Quantcast
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Elsies Peak Beta
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:22 am 

Hi all,

We're taking a friend up for her first trad on Sat, but are a bit pushed for time, so the closest crag for us is Elsies. Been A LONG time since I've climbed up there, but remember climbing some amazing lines (when conditions are good). Could someone help me out with the following:
Attachment:
Elsies PeakOV.png
Elsies PeakOV.png [ 210.28 KiB | Viewed 706 times ]

We were thinking of routes like: Dracula, Suspension Face, Jugular. All of these are on 'Sec C' of the crag. I remember there being tat off two different trees within the section left of this (Sec B), but can't remember if there's an abseil point/ points from this Sec ('C')? Or do we need to walk down the gulley from there? I circled (ok, I know they are bad circles) were I think there are points? Obviously not a prob to walk down, just more fun and a lot quicker to ab (using 2 x 50m 1/2 ropes)!!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Elsies Peak Beta
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 am 

If you haven't been to Elsies for a while you might be surprised! The hike in path starts way to the right of the old one that used to go up between the houses. It's much higher as well. Walk in time is 15min max. Follow Echo road as normal but keep going round the sharp bend. Turn left on Mountain road and park where the road end's.

The path is a bit harder. Start by the shark hut. Keep left at the first fork after about 20m then look for the second split in the path after another 30m. It's down and left round a bush. You are aiming to cut left over the little hill.

Decent from the top by following the big path down right. 5min down turn right by big protea bush and head straight between the 2 big boulders. Takes you right down to the parking. We kit up by the car. Check it out on google earth. You can see the paths clearly.

We where there on Sunday and the rock was very good. Think it will be great after the rain. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 am 

ONE TIME Tian!!! :thumright

Couldn't have asked for betta beta than that!
Looking fw to it and thanks again!

Cheers.... :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:34 am 

No probs man! Elsie rule!