It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:43 pm 

Hi, I have just started climbing a few months ago and it seems finding a compatible climbing partner is no easy feat. I have a harness, chalk and shoes but that’s it, so for a lack of a better word I would like to be someone’s much appreciated 'apprentice' and climb, climb, climb. I think I would be better suited to climb with a more chilled adventurous type of climber than one who is overly concerned with grades and performance.
If you are out there I have time in the evening and on weekends and would love to spend a lot of that time climbing. I am also open to gym climbing but would much rather climb outside. If you need to ask questions, please don’t hold back.
Thanks!
M

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:04 am 

Hi Myra
I am a friend of Mark Buchanan. He told me that you'd started climbing and now I see you on the forum. Let me know when you're up for a climb.
Crallan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:45 am 

Hey Crallan, send me your details and we can make further plans.
Thanks for making contact. :thumleft:

scarpecci.mj@gmail.com
072-442-4446

Cheers,
Mayra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:37 pm 

Hi Mayra , I have just started at city rock and have done Silvermine , I'm looking for a climbing partner in the Cape area . let me know if you still need a partner or of some you know who is looking for one . My Email : e-zygroup@mweb.co.za

Cheers

Clinton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 am 

I don't have a rope here, so I'm not much use to Mayra, but Clinton, if you're still looking for partners I'm willing and, well, somewhat able. ;) I'll try e-mailing as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:52 am 

Phi wrote:
I don't have a rope here, so I'm not much use to Mayra, but Clinton, if you're still looking for partners I'm willing and, well, somewhat able. ;) I'll try e-mailing as well.

Hi , There . I have everything including rope , so thats no problem My Cell no . 082 898 4290

Lets Climb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 pm 

HI ive seen your old posting for climbing partners.ive been back three weeks and still no regular partners.if your still around and keen send me a message.andrew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 am 

Thanks goodness for the Climb ZA forums as I had my laptop stolen in Libreville and lost all my African contacts (and lost my phone in Brazzaville, so had lost your number, too, Clinton). I haven't booked my ticket from Douala (there seems to be no climbing in Cameroon...) to Joburg yet, but I'm aborting my trans-Africa trip and should be back in La Cap before Christmas. Clinton, I hope I can rejoin you on your City Rock schedule, and Andrew, if you're still looking, I'll be back earlier than I last claimed. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:07 pm 

I'll be in Cape Town from the 23rd dec through 15th Jan. And am also looking for a climbing partner, specially for 5th through 14th. Before that date I an still climb, but that would be 2, at most three days.
Just send me a message of you wanna climb!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:33 pm 

Call me if u going to silvermine or around cape town tomorrow. I've rope.

My cell is 0828654688 sms only.

Thanks
anesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:03 pm 

I'm not sure who the previous two comments were directed to (poor elpatogallina/Mayra totally had her thread highjacked), but, if me:

Camilo, I'm happy to climb pretty much anytime, anywhere, so long as people don't mind my lower level (19 and under). The only problem is that I don't have rope, draws, or a car to gives others a lift. I've got a small motorbike, if potential partners don't mind traveling that way. So hopefully I can reconnect with Clinton or Brad, or maybe meet up with Anesh, the Rope Bringers (*bows with reverence*) and we can head out as a group. ;)

Anesh, damn, man, sorry I missed you. I actually got back into town Sunday morning, but spent the day finding accomodation and reconnecting with people. Any other time you want to go, though, let me know. I'll SMS you the same.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:26 pm 

hi all

just sms me when you are going out for climb if i'm available.. 0828654688
i've rope but no quick draws yet

regards
anesh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:35 pm 

Will do. Clinton's busy with work through Thursday, but we'll see what we can do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 pm 

[s]Picking up RockHippo tomorrow damned early and aiming for Silvermine at 07:00, at whatever the middle crag is -- Lower Silvermine, I believe. If anyone else is interested in joining us, show up or call/SMS me at 078 720 5855. CapeTiger, I'll SMS you.[/s]

Canceled due to family commitments, although I doubt that anyone that would be reading his right now would be looking to climb in 5.5 hours, anyway. ;)