It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 pm 

Hello, my name is Thom and I have just arrived in Cape Town for a month in South Africa. I'm a Canadian currently living in New York and would love to get out on some African rock while I am here. I don't have much gear with me...just shoes, harness and belay device...but I'm pretty open to anything. I'm not the strongest outdoor boulderer as I mainly climb trad (lead up to 5.7) and sport (lead up to 5.10c or d - or I guess around a 20ish on the South African grades) but I'd love to head out to Rocklands or anywhere near Cape Town. I'm in the area for the next week or two before heading up the coast so if you'd like someone you don't know tagging along on your next outing please shoot me a message.

cheers,

-t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:02 am 

Hey Thom,
Bummer I am in the States right now because I would be happy to take you out (though I am mostly a boulderer right now). If you want to jet me your email I will put you in touch with my usual crew. Good folk who probably wouldn't mind a new person in the crew.
Hope you have a good time in SA....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 pm 

Where in the states are you? Etc etc.

If your anywhere near Charlotte gimme a shout...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 pm 

I currently reside in New York City and spend most of my weekends climbing up at The Gunks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm 

Hey Thom, fellow Canuck here. I'm also interested in climbing in and around Cape Town, including spending a week at Montagu and another in the Cedarberg, but I climb lower grades and don't have a rope. More importantly, I don't know when I'll be around. ;) I'm supposed to go travelling around SA with my dad in February, but we don't have any real plans yet. I'm supposed to watch footy at Green Point on Friday, but if you wanted to head out, like, tomorrow for a few days, I'd be up for it.

Wasatchgirl, you can ignore my request in another thread to go out bouldering with you, then. ;) Enjoy your trip!