It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am 

Just arrived in CT and looking for climbing partner. I'll be spending 6 months here working at Tygerberg Hosp. In my spare time would love to do lots of climbing (sport/trad/bould). I'm from the Netherlands where have some years of climbing experience on and off depending on working hours... Last year not been up to much, but should be in shape soon with some practise (up to grade 20). I have some gear (double 60m, draws and protection) and a car. Little experience with trad, but keen to learn. Live in city bowl and looking for climbing opportunities in evenings and weekends.

cheers, Alvin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm 

Hi Alvin
PM me your email address.
We're a bunch of friends who send messages to a mailing list of what we plan to do and you're welcome to slot in. This will get you in touch with some others who also climb these grades.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:33 am 

AWESOME! I stay in Lakeside, which has some pretty cool routes nearby like the mine, silvermine and lakeside pinnacle. I'm always looking for people to climb with so feel free to give me a shout.
My phone number is 079 328 5168.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Ralph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm 

hi alvin
we met at silvermine main crag on the weekend,we had a little chat while your partner was trying to find some anchors.give me a cal when you want to climb.0825338619.
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:07 pm 

Hey, all. I'm up for anything, any time someone wants to get out on the rock. I can't tonight or Friday, but am otherwise available. I don't know how much I'll be here in February, but should be back for at least the last 2 weeks in March, as well. Please let me know if anyone plans anything that I can tag along with. 078 720 5855. Andrew, don't you owe me some invitations by now? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:00 am 

Alvin, tygereye, hoping to get to Silvermine both Saturday (Jan 29) with Thom and Sunday (Jan 30th) with Andrew if you're interested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:55 pm 

Hey guys,

my name is Stefan, I'm from Switzerland and am doing an internship in Cape Town right now. I'm here till the beginning of March, and have been in search for climbing partners. Luckily I found this homepage :thumleft: I used to climb a 24 or so, but am only around a 22 these days. Me and my girlfriend (she climbs around a 17/18)both climb and we both brought our climbing shoes, but nothing else, simply couldnt pack all of the gear for this 1 year africa trip we are doing :cry:
We got a car (got two free seats) and would be down to go to silvermine, or montagu, or rocklands this upcoming weekend (12 +13) or the weekend after (19 + 20 of feb). If somebody is down, we would rather go to montagu and do some sportsclimbing, but we dont have a rope (if somebody is down and has a rope, we will rent harnesses from cityrock) or clips, sorry.

So if anybody is down, give me a shout my number is 0780692984 or write me an email (stefan.wellauer07@gmail.com), would be great if you guys could also add me to your mailing list.

Thanks
Cheers
Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 pm 

Hey, Stefan. I saw your other topic and made note of it in case I get back to Cape Town in time. I'll probably be back there in the second half of March before I fly back to Canada. I'd love to spend a week in Montagu and/or the Cederberg, but I don't have a rope or draws, either. However, if it meant a trip to those places would finally happen, I could probably be convinced to buy them (assuming I can check a second bag with the airline), as my rope at home is old and I don't have enough quick draws anyway, now that I climb sport. I'll hit you up when I get back to see if you're still looking for people to climb with or to do a trip.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 pm 

Hi Alvin
I'm in CT from Su 20.02 to 17.03. and also look for climbing partners. i have time afternoons and weekends. I climb to level 6c.
Woud be nice if you send me a mail.: friedrichbettina@shinternet.ch
thanks Bettina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:32 pm 

Hi,

I'm Felix, just arrived in CT from Berlin and really looking forward to get to know the rocks around. I will stay for about a month and would be really happy to climb with anybody who likes climbing as much as I do (and also likes her or his live as much as I do ;)).
I can lead up to around 20 if I got the translations right. I have shoes and a belt. Timewise I'm quite flexible both during the week and over the weekend. Please give me a ring or send me an email if you're up for something. Phone: 0795912071, Email: felix.weth@gmx.de

Would be great to hear from you!

Best,

Felix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:50 pm 

I'm about to head to the info centre at the University of Cape Town to meet people for Easy Fridays climbing at a local crag, if you can get there yourself and are good to go on short notice. ;) 078 720 5855

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm 

Hey climbers,

I'm a grad student from Canada and will be traveling to South Africa to present at a conference in April. I'll be in Capetown April 9-14 and need climbing partners. I'm an avid climber, member of the Alpine Club of Canada, and do informal guiding in the Thunder Bay area (North Shore of Lake Superior). I'm trying to get in contact with some local climbers who wouldn't mind an experienced climber tagging along. I'll be in Capetown from April 9 -14.

E-mail: kdshorth@lakeheadu.ca

Cheers,
Kevin