Quantcast
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:03 pm 

Hi folks,

im going to be in south africa from the 10th feb to 3rd march mostly in the western cape. im coming from scotland. I'm an experienced climber and would love to get out climbing for a few days. hopfully will get to visit the rocklands. im planning on just bringing shoes and chalk bag as im travelling light so prob mostly bouldering unless i can rent some gear. If any ones about for some climbing get in touch.

Thanks
Lewis.
:thumright

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 pm 

Lewis, I boulder Tuesday and Thursday nights and all day on Saturday and Sunday. You are welcome to join up with me and my crew while you are in town. Drop me a private message with you email and I will add you to the email chain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:38 pm 

Hey! I'm studying abroad at UCT this semester (till July 24) and am looking to climb as much as possible. My red point ability is about 22 right now. I am looking for a safe partner (someone who can lead belay well, gri-gri preferred) that likes to get out and climb! I am also up for bouldering or following trad! I do not have a pad or rope, just about 15 draws, gri-gri/atc, slings/biners, and personal gear.
Let me know if you want to meet up at city rock or just want to head straight to the rocks.

thanks,
Lindsey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm 

Lindsey,
Feel free to jet your email my way as well. I have been climbing 8 years and am very experienced. I have all the ropes and trad rack, but mostly boulder now... though i keep thinking about hoping on the rope again. :) Women climbers are a bit few and far between here in the Cape, so would love to have some additional female partners.

Another thing you might be keen on is the National Boulder League, which starts this Tuesday with the first meet at the UCT wall. PM me and I will send you the details.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 pm 

Hey Lewis and Lindsey (Rachel's already been invited), just letting you know that DamageINC and I are planning to climb in the peninsula tomorrow. Exact place and time to be determined tonight, but it'll probably be early morning to avoid traffic and heat. Let me know if you're interested. We probably climb while under your level, but I'll happily belay you on harder stuff. No gri-gri, but I haven't floored anyone yet, Lindsey. ;)
078 720 5855