It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: eZemvelo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am 

Is anyone heading out to eZemvelo (Mpumalanga) this weekend or next? We super keen to check out the bouldering there! (And train for rocklands)

In fact to anyone who knows the area: We'll pay for a days guiding and provide transport (we got 4x4s) - anyone?

Post subject: Re: eZemvelo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:42 pm 

Hay JRock
if you stay close to pta,rather go check out the bouldering at bobbejaansberg,there are some sick lines and tons of projects!!!its closer than ezemvelo and way cheaper!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 am 

PW is right, there are also a lot of potential first ascents to be done. However, if you can reach someone who is going to eZemvelo, it is slightly more developed and this means it is easier to find a larger variety of problems from 5-8A

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am 

Hi can any one tel me where this eZemvelo is? Or any info wil be greatly appriciated thanx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:04 pm 

Take the N4 to Bronkhorstspruit, get off at the R25. Drive north on the R25 past Bronkhorstspruit. Within 5km there will be a brown sign indicating eZemvelo to the right. Turn there, follow the dirt road for about 20km(?) till the next sign saying eZemvelo to the right. Follow it. A few km further and viola! you are there. It's a bit harder to get to the boulders. Good luck with that part... I can't guide you from here. Call me if you need some help...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:57 am 

Bobejaansberg is really awesome. Unfortunately there is no route guide available yet. Jacques that developed Secret Garden in Brits spend a lot of time on problems in Bobejaansberg, a lot of the chalk on problems got washed of with the rain, but you can be certain that if there is a problem and it looks climbable, then Jacques probably already climbed it. So before you all start claiming first ascents and start giving the same route 10 different names, check with him. They guy did spend a lot of time there and he had an arrangement with the owners and as far as I could gather he has plans for making a guide, so I think we should just respect that and give the guy some credit where it is due.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:03 pm 

Thanks for the info Ansie, a guide would be great! Can we task you with wining & dining Jacques into submission & providing us with a guide then? :jocolor:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 pm 

I promise I will do my best :-) Donations of chocolate and beer to facilitate the wining and dining process would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:17 pm 

lol

In all seriousness, I don't know if he reads this forum or not, but try and twist his arm? A safe bouldering venue this side of the mountain would be very cool. I for one would not think twice before buying a guide if he publishes it - anyone else feel the same?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:27 pm 

Shit now I started something.... Erm I didn't mean to insinuate that Jacques is going to write a guide and publish it as a book, but while we were talking I got the impression that he has done most of the doable problems that are in the area, that he had very good descriptions of said problems and that he planned to (at least) put the descriptions somewhere on the lovely and convenient InterWeb so that others can find it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm 

Ansie wrote:
Shit now I started something.... Erm I didn't mean to insinuate that Jacques is going to write a guide and publish it as a book
:twisted: mwahahahahaha - yes indeed, now YOU will have to get it done :twisted:

Anything would be great really, I'm just saying if he does publish it as a book I'd be happy to pay for a copy. Something on the Wiki would be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm 

Sign me up for a copy of the RD :afro:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 am 

Anyone you wishes to visit Ezemvelo can contact me at: 084 528 6703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:15 am 

Hi

I am currently doing a guide of all the Gauteng and other nearby crags and bouldering. Scalk has sent us the 100 best from Ezemvello and we have the sport climbs of Bobejaansberg, Brian and Ansie could you send me the boulder prob and Jacques contacts so that I can get his credits and more accurate info on the sport climbs. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 pm 

Where exactly is the bouldering spot located at Bobbejaansberg?