Quantcast
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:09 pm 

Just to stop the Ezemvelo thread jack

Ansie wrote:
Shit now I started something.... Erm I didn't mean to insinuate that Jacques is going to write a guide and publish it as a book, but while we were talking I got the impression that he has done most of the doable problems that are in the area, that he had very good descriptions of said problems and that he planned to (at least) put the descriptions somewhere on the lovely and convenient InterWeb so that others can find it.

Ok, so me & Raymond are up for buying a guide if that's what's going to happen, if he's willing to put it on the wiki - fabulous.

I'll pledge a six pack of his favourite beer in return if he gets it on the wiki for us?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm 

I spoke to J last week,he wants to bring out a guide,but as far as I know he hasn't started working on it yet.He said thah he wants to add it to the wiki,but there's still lots of exploring to do and loads more of boulders to discover and clean.I not psyched to snake someone on the first acsent they've done,I'm super psyched to find new projects and explore some more.The boulders that has been cleaned and have been done are sick!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:31 pm 

Rockon wrote:
I not psyched to snake someone on the first acsent they've done, I'm super psyched to find new projects and explore some more.

Agreed!! So if he / anyone else working the place start adding it to the wiki, less chance of FFA's (False First Ascents) :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 am 

That sounds fair. I have always felt a bit uncomfortable adding problems from new areas to my 8a scorecard. The first being, that I do not know if someone else sent it before me and the second being that it is hard to get consensus on a grade if almost no one else did the problem as well. I like what Brian and PW did by adding photos of the problems to the Wiki. We should all contribute in that way if we can, that way everyone will know which routes have been done yet and we can avoid stepping on any toes.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:03 pm 

Thanks for the wiki updates Brian!!! :thumleft:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:49 pm 

My pleasure, sorry it took so long...