Quantcast
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 pm 

Dear Esmarelda, where are you hiding?

Is climbing a way of liberation? Of course it is.

It is an automatic mindfulness meditation, because it demands total attention in the Here and Now.

It is a yoga, because it demands flexibility and strength and determination and perseverance and mental training.

It is thoroughly philosophical since it is as absurd as existence, and as exhilirating.

It is evolutionary since it challenges and invites creative adaptation and stimulates learning and innovation.

It is universal because it gathers to the feet of its crags and sublime vistas and chalky gyms the motley variety of homo sapiens and unites them in the single thrill of cosmic adventure.

And the saddest sight on the fifteen inhabited planets in the seven charted galaxies is a climber without a committed visionary partner.

Sadly, like theistic believers, these natural disasters happen.

But every now and then in the cycles of infinite time a True Person Of No Rank heeds the blaring trumpet of their vast compassionate heart and resolves to go down climbing.

And if you weren't so awakened to the Eye of Wonder and the spine tingling Plane of Silence, what would you say, Esmarelda?

( P.S. All is forgiven. You won't have to do midnight laps in preparation for your new celestial roof project.....)

:cyclops:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:24 pm 

Don’t you just love these guys who get stoned and then write a post?

Power to the :flower:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:35 pm 

Wow.. I dont think I understand exactly what was said, but I do however feel touched...

Mission list:
1. Find Esmarelda ASAP

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:41 pm 

Poetic!

Misguided, but passionate. I like!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 pm 

I've got Esmarelda, I stole her and I'm not giving her back!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:46 pm 

Liberation? PFFFFT! Climbing is a lifelong struggle to overcome a brutally unsympathetic and totally impersonal enemy. The rock simply just is and doesnt care how often you have tried the problem before - and banging your head against it hurts - that shit's hard!

Add to that the endless toil of dragging yourself up endless hills to get to the crags, endless hours of tiring training and sore muscles, being uncomfortably cold/hot (or just plain uncomfortable) whilst at the crag, neck strain from belaying, having to repeat other ppls crappy lines, listening to endless drivel about what gear is best, having to replace rotting bolts and deal with other ppl's useless idea of how the thing should have been protected and what you have is just sheer misery!

Why anyone actually does this godforsaken activity is beyond me!!! :bom: :jocolor:

Antonspace(ed out) - where do you get ur weed? I want!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:55 pm 

I couldn't agree with you more Xmod.
It must be love that keeps us doing it. :) even if it's unrequited.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:27 pm 

Climbing is mostly irrational, but it always feels right. (plagiarism, I know)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 pm 

Darling Esmarelda,

I am so glad you are temporarily with someone else. Please don't forget your medication, as not everyone is as tolerant as me.

Just to whet your appetite for your return to your most longsuffering friend, let me remind you of the quotes from John Gill you made me write down:

" I found that meditation increased my enjoyment of climbing, no matter what the level. Why does everything have to relate to reaching a higher number?" ( oh, that is profound ! in one stroke he demolishes the entire fallcy of a competitive society as a necessary condition for joy!)

and then: "....as the years passed I spent more and more time repeating moderate and easy climbs, experiencing them as moving meditations from which kinaesthetic awareness would evolve."......as you said, sweet Esmarelda," sexy, so sexy........."

How can i feel anything but gratitude towards you, even though now your sadistic moods and temper tantrums drive somebody elses frantic psycho-deterministic deliberations? It was you who gave me my first taste of the high life beyond the stifling demands of ego-gratification, after all, and showed me that the reality of the climb was not my enemy, but my teacher and dancing partner, and that it was simply absurd to remain stuck in a culture of domination when it was possible to cultivate the domain of mutually enriching intercourse......I wish i had not put it that way....oh, the memories!

but then, as the Great Seuss put it : " don't cry because its over- smile because it happened!"

And as soon as I am over this flu, I am going to get someone to replace you, and we'll see how you like it, abandoned to the demands of normal people!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 pm 

For sure!

Don't let the bastards bring you down!

On a side note: what is your dealers number?
Seems he medicates them good sh!t.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:21 am 

Ah, this reminds me of the good old days, when rock sprinting was at its peak... :drunken:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 am 

Antonspace, that's just AWESOME! :thumright

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 am 

PFFT,.................pftpfffffffffffffffffft phhhhhhhhh........... PFFFFFFFFFfffffffffftt t t ......phhhhhhhhh

mmmmmmmmmm

His writing's boring but his dealer definitely has the shit! Get hold him Hann! :wink:

PS Better watch out for me swinging the Sex traverse boulder around the local dance floor! Make space for the spaced out!!! Make way make way!!

As someone said, back there a bit, it must be love why else would anyone try hump a rock?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:10 am 

First Rock sprinting now ... Rock Humping. Just watch out for Dassies they bite.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 pm 

Esmie, are you reading this stuff?

Most people seem to regard you as some variety of hemp , rather than a speaking , breathing, eating and thinking bundle of anguished nerves, only at peace when swaying delicately between fingers and toes over some dark and brooding abyss.....if only it were that easy! If only we really could caress you into a fine powder, roll out all your nasty crackling pips, encase you in a slender white slip, and sit back to breathe you deeply into our noisy and congested lungs! wouldn't that simply resolve at one stroke what the legacy of the iron- age patriarchs has been trying to do for centuries?! Oh, i hope you haven't been reading this, I fear for your new partner, when your righteous fury reaches boiling point again ( serves him right, in any case, the thieving swine!)( p.s. in case you were worrying, the surgeon says the plate in my shull has settled well, and she will take off the bandages tomorrow, and thanks you for sending the hammer you used, it was very helpful)

What is it you were always asking? Damn, you were always asking something impossible, creating new departments in univerities, chasing off quantum physicists to scratch their perplexed heads in tormented rumination.....how could you go off like that and leave me here with these characters and their rastafarian philosophies....nice one....humility....i get it....of course you like them, i know, who wouldn't?...but why the hell do you persist in forcing me into this public opera of soapy misery? won't you at least call? email?

Anyway i still have flu so sod you and your belay- bunny suit. You call me sexist? ha! everywhere in nature your gender calls the shots and makes idiots of peacocks and blue footed boobies alike, and what do we get? Christianity! the ultimate s and m turn on! go smoke that one, Bob! What do you know about redemption songs? Have you met her?

(sorry if i sound rude- its the flu- very wearing.)

But there was a question......

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 am 

Um, space, thanks(?)...
very interesting...

asking the right question is key

Can't wait for next installment