It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 pm 

:afro:
Dear friends!
My name is Leo. I am a climber from Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, and am traveling with my family to CT, arriving at June 16. I was recommended to go to City Rock, where we are planning to visit on the 16th as soon as we get to CT. But what I really enjoy is out door climbing. Yet for that I need a partner, preferably someone who speaks portuguese or spanish, as my english is not that good :(. Fortunately my climbing is hips better than my english :).
About another issue, I have seen that many kids climb at City Rock gym, and I am taking my 5 years old daughter. What time do you recommend me to take my child to the gym (so that she can play with other kids)?
Cheers,
Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:00 am 

Hola Leo

What kind of climbing are you wanting to do (trad or sport or both), and what kind of grades? I am sure you will find plenty of people to climb with around Cape Town. City Rock is a good meeting point. And who needs to talk when you can climb?

I am also father of young kids (7 and 9). It would be nice to meet up if we can. How long are you here for? We are planning to head out of Cape Town to avoid bad weather this weekend and camp and climb elsewhere. (either Cederberg or Montagu) You could join us if you want, or get together another time.

Johann

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:38 pm 

Hey Johan!
Yes, we would love going camping this weekend!
We donĀ“t know for how long we will be at CT, we arrive the 16th (going straight to the Ritz Hotel - booked for 2 nights...) and fly back to Rio the 1st of July, but we also want to go to the kruger and (if possible) to the Kalahari.
We have heard that there are some easy tracks up Table Mountain, Is is ok for kids?
About my climbing, I love sport and traditional climbing, and am use to climb up to level 7 (french scale).
Are you on facebook, I subscribe as Leonardo Meneghetti (lsm3d@hotmail.com)
Please send us a contact number...
We are planning gonig tomorrow afternoon to City Rock.
Cheers
Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm 

Hey Leo

We are leaving for camping this weekend early Friday (tomorrow) morning - returning Sunday afternoon. Where we are going will be out of the rain (hopefully), but will be very cold. It is in the Cederberg - a very beautiful mountain range and wilderness area north of Cape Town. We are camping in a place called Kromriver and climbing at a sports climbing area called Truitjieskraal near by. Very beautiful area and very good quality climbing. It is 300 km from Cape Town - a 3 and a half hour drive. We are all camping in own tents - it is unlikely that there will be cottage accommodation available, but there might be. Give me a call if you are interested in coming 082 927 9018, otherwise we can try to get together for a climb next week. I also do trad and sport climbing at a similar level.

You can walk with kids up Table Mountain if they are used to walking. The standard route up, which is perfectly safe is called Platteklip Gorge. It is steep.

I am not very active on facebook, so better to call or leave message here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:34 pm 

sorry johan...we arrived very tired, jetlag and hungry... hence didn't manage to check email or go to cityrock... But I still wanna go climbing. I will call you on sunday. Our ZA phone is 071 3261682.
Cheers
Leo