Quantcast
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Music & climbing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 pm 

Is music a necessity to crank harder on your route ?What's your view ? My personal choice is birds' chirping or otherwise if I'm plugged in then probably the Call of Nature . The tracks include lions roaring , hyenas and even wild dogs . All the great sounds that can get you go wild !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:25 pm 

For me, the tune depends on the climbing style. On sport, I get my crank from some socially unacceptable lyrics, whereas on trad, its usually a flashback to some or other summer holiday one hit wonder. The question is however what sound completely snuffs any hope of hard cranking. These are usually more powerful than any self absorbing power tune. Like the sound of your girlfriend's nagging (no personal experience here :| ), or the sound of warrior like groaning from your climbing partner on lead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:42 pm 

A bit of class heavy metal when indoor climbing/bouldering or sport. Never bothered on trad - although I guess some big wall type guys might lug some music with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:19 pm 

Ahh...the favourite Heavy Metal . Is there anybody out there that prefer sakkie sakkie music or even something like ole Gè Korsten ? Now that could've been some tunes for bouldering at your fav spot . Just you and the limegreen IPod ...