Quantcast
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 am 

Well, I am thinking my chances are slim to look for a partner in the middle of the week but I'm still going to throw it out there.

It's my first time in Capetown and I'd really love to be introduced to the local rock and routes. I'm from Asia, currently live in western China (Chengdu). Father is from the US, mother is Chinese and I'm very familiar with climbing areas both in the US and Asia (mostly Hong Kong, some areas of China, Malaysia, Singapore...) if you should need beta/hosting/translating in those areas - would be elated to help! I've climbed in Africa before but was in Mali - and it was the best trip I've taken in my life.

Long, multi-pitch moderate trad routes are my favorites. I lead in the 5.8-5.10 range depending on technique. I love sport climbing too and even if someoneust introduced me to a day out cragging in Capetown - this would possibly be the highlight of my trip.

Even if not possible, if anyone would just like to meet up and discuss some of the local climbing scene or share climbing travels from around the world and hopefully meet up for climbing at a later time, I would be keen to do that as well.

Thanks,
Christine

Websites: (would also love to meet local South African women to interview for my site - second below)
www.SeeChristineC.com
www.RockRipRollGirl.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:27 am 

hi christine

i'm taking the week off to climb with some out-of-town friends - our plan is to sample the best long moderate trad lines around CT (weather permitting) and also some sport. you're welcome to join!

will send you a pm with my contact details

cheers
mok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:56 am 

Hey Christine dig the web site very cool and well put together! maybe hit city rock(climbing gym) during the day and ask if any one is keen for a climb. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 pm 

Thanks so much for checking the site out! If you know of any local women you would like to refer me to for interviews, please do. I would love to give others some insight on Capetown (or other areas of ZA's) climbing (or other sports that are on the site) from a female's perspective.....would appreciate any names and contacts if there is interest.

mattb595 wrote:
Hey Christine dig the web site very cool and well put together! maybe hit city rock(climbing gym) during the day and ask if any one is keen for a climb. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:36 pm 

mokganjetsi wrote:
hi christine

i'm taking the week off to climb with some out-of-town friends - our plan is to sample the best long moderate trad lines around CT (weather permitting) and also some sport. you're welcome to join!

will send you a pm with my contact details

cheers
mok

What are the chances! I feel so lucky. Thanks for the invite to join in. I'm actually "on-call" - the climbing may depend on how far the routes are from where I am staying. I am assuming I'm staying near the airport at this moment. I should definitely have one day free though.

Hope to meet you all!

Cheers,
Christine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 am 

Hey girl,
Welcome to the Cape. I must admit that when I read you live in Chengdu it brought a smile to my face. I did a solo backpacking trip through China one year and loved it! :)

I am not a rope climber, but can put you in touch with folks and am happy to take you out bouldering. PM me if you want to get out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 am 

Wow! Excellent Site. (And Christine Balaz is a good friend of mine... in fact I always stay at her old house every time I am back in Utah. Small world.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 am 

wasatchgirl wrote:
Hey girl,
Welcome to the Cape. I must admit that when I read you live in Chengdu it brought a smile to my face. I did a solo backpacking trip through China one year and loved it! :)

I am not a rope climber, but can put you in touch with folks and am happy to take you out bouldering. PM me if you want to get out.

Very nice to meet you!! I am in a rush - leaving Hong Kong today and work has been attempting to take my attention off from climbing but it can't win! :) I hope to meet you when there, we should at least meet if we don't climb. I suspect I will be busy working but hope to make the 26th a free day and possibly the 27th for gym climbing or short approach crags.

Thanks for your messageand the welcome!; please PM me your contact.
Christine