Quantcast
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:34 pm 

Hi
I'm in your wonderful country between late July and early August next year [our Summer]. I will have been climbing for 38 years by then, unfortunately I'm still not very good, but I have the same passion for getting out on rock now as all those years ago when I started, probably more now in fact! I've done stuff in UK, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland & even bits in USA and Thailand. Although I've been to SA once before I've never had the chance to climb there. This time I'd like to put time aside to do so [and have permission to do so from my cake shop frequenting, dedicated and loving but definitely non-climbing wife]. Generally I climb trad: UK E1, borderline E2, and look less favourably but still very keen to do sports routes, about F6b+ is my limit at the moment. Don't know what these European grades equate to in SA, but I'd be very grateful if anyone would like to meet and show me around for a day or two, maybe even three. I am a qualified instructor, safe as houses, never killed anyone or let anyone be killed, including myself, and fully intend to carry on that way. I will be carrying a harness, helmet and boots, and will have transport as we are moving around a bit this time rather than just Kruger as we did last time. Appreciate any advice or offers of partners. Can reciprocate for climbing in North West UK Thanks in advance
leo@fallons.me.uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:46 am 

Hello There

My name is Duncan, I live in the southern suburbs and would gladly show you the cape rock. I've got both trad and sport gear.
a single rope and two half ropes. living in the southern subs and working I will have the weekends available.
I'm not a very experienced tradder, but placing gear is not difficult for me been practising alot on the sport routes between bolts.
Alos lead the route on trad gear till the top of the sport pitch and top roped off the top bolts and cleaned the gear on the way down.
Would love to meet you and look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 am 

Hi Leo

Would be happy to take you out. Lots of local easy trad available. We can easily do Table Mountain, Lions Head or Muizenberg. All offer great routes for a morning out around Cape Town.

Drop me email closer to the time and we can set something up.

Simon
bernhardtsimon@gmail.com