It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 am 

Aloha South African climbing crew! The name is Chris, from Hawai'i, and in Cape Town for at least another 3 weeks(On vacation so I can always extend). I've been here for a week already and already a member at City Rock, just haven't had the chance to find climbing partners. Been climbing for about 2 1/2 months now and just picked up sport climbing so that's ideally where I want to throw all my focus into. Love the gym but I've yet to do any routes on the amazing rock out here in Cape, so if anyone has time or would be down to climb, I'm available 7 days a week, and extremely enthusiastic when it comes to climbing. I'm on US 5.10's which is probably 18-21 for South African standards but since I've just taken up sport, I'll probably be on consistent 17's for a little bit. I've got a 60m rope, quickdraws, a grigri, and my own personal gear, I just don't have a car yet. I will always pitch in for gas or beers and I can always just rent a car as well. And one of my biggest bugs would be to get out to Rocklands and maybe just spend a few days out there, tearing up the sport routes and bouldering! Looking forward to meeting the SA climbing crowd out here, heard they were among the world's best!

Cheers,

-Chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:50 pm 

Hi Chris
I recently started climbing after a mountain bike injury. My coach says I am about a 15.
We can meet at City Rock and take it from there.
Guy utopia@telkomsa.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm 

Guy that sounds great! Would you be able to climb tomorrow over at City Rock? I've got nothing planned until the evening time so just let me know if you're available and what time you're down to climb! The mobile is 0724684352.

Cheers,

Chris