Quantcast
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:22 pm 

Hi All

I am puttting out word for anyone who is planning to do any 1st ascents or repeats of good lines, mainly sport / bouldering, but also trad if access is not too much of a mission.

I have a video production business called Crosswind which has been mainly doing paragliding / hanggliding filmwork and some corporate stuff, but am keen to put together some climbing projects. My initial plan is to shoot a cross section of interesting stuff, do the edit, and maybe knock together something for a MCSA evening, then take it from there.

Am a climber as well, so you wont need to drag my ass around.

Cheers

Jeff. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:35 pm 

J, sounds like an awesome idea. It's about time someone does something like this. Are there any guidelines, do you have to be good looking and will it matter if ones boep blocks a good shot :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:42 pm 

Hey Stu

No restrictions, boeps or otherwise. :lol: My plan is to put together a western cape climbing 'montage' DVD, showcasing the sport and th characters in the area. The emphasis will be on fun, but I want to ensure that the camera work and editing are good enough so that it could lead to some work down the line, ( as has been the case with sky sports) and I would like the routes and climbing to be attractive enough so that the DVD is inspiring and fun to watch for all climbers.

For the start, I think it would be nice to pin something down and do it quite quickly, otherwise it becomes just another good idea which never got going! I am planning on doing Celestial Journey with Dave some time for the project, so please chip in with your boulder problems, sport routes, anything that you think would be good! My cell is 082 798 1100.
Going bouldering with Wiercx and co Sunday at Topside, with camera, so hope to see some of U there.

Jeff 8)