It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: rocklands
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:52 pm 

Whats the vibe with a rumor that says you have to pay an extra 30 bucks on top of having a wild card for entrance into rocklands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:12 pm 

Just arrived back in the country yesterday and was planning on a long stint in the Lands. I guess not that long now, they are really milking the climbers! It can't be true?! If it is, then it's extortion to the highest degree and the MCSA HAS to say something!! Does the CNC have a policy or can they just change the fees whenever they want to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:39 am 

When I was there in April the fees for climbing were upped from R35 to R70 (over a period of 10 seconds, there was no notice or warning) for climbers since we are 'high impact' users. So basically if you go in for a walk you pay R35 but because you climb you pay R70.

While I was there the Wild Card still covered that outrageous R70 per person per day charge. Perhaps since we remain 'high impact' users, the CNC has decided we get hit with the R35 or R30 climbing tax regardless! If this is the case things are geting out of contol.

In my opinion it seems that a lot of climbers (locals especially) are showing their support for the whole CNC permit issue by getting Wild Cards (a couple years back no one really bought permits) and yet the CNC keeps raising the bar. CNC seem to have found a cash cow and are milking it for all its worth!

Post subject: The law
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:24 am 

Yes it appears that Cape Nature is trying to make a quick buck out of Rocklands whilst putting ZERO infrastructure in. The MCSA is also very p1ssed off with these and other Cederberg prices and is meeting with Cape Nature.

From a personal point of view, there is no sign posting or info at the entrance at Rocklands regarding pricing, so I enter with Wildcard. If I didn't have a wildcard, I would give CN a big FVCK YOU and not pay, until they asked me.