Trip to Waterval Boven (Sat Nov 24- Nov 25)

Post your meet details here... Mountain Club of South Africa, other clubs, slideshows, etc
JeffTheCanuck

Trip to Waterval Boven (Sat Nov 24- Nov 25)

Postby JeffTheCanuck » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to take a 2 day trip to Waterval Boven leaving from Joburg on Saturday morning (Nov 24).
I have a car, rope, quick draws, camping gear -- is anyone else interested in going?
I'm visiting from Canada so I have never been to this climbing area -- I climb 5.12a on sport (26-27? in SA grading)

Let me know!

Jeff

brianweaver

Re: Trip to Waterval Boven (Sat Nov 24- Nov 25)

Postby brianweaver » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I'll see you there... I'll happily point you in the right direction of the 5 star lines... 12a is 25 here. Greg and I will be staying at the climber's lodge in town but I know a few people who are staying at the camp grounds. I know of someone else who wants to drive down Saturday morning. Call me or sms me and I'll give you his number.

Brian
072 823 2832
I hate this real world place... I'd be more than happy to live out there rather...

JeffTheCanuck

Re: Trip to Waterval Boven (Sat Nov 24- Nov 25)

Postby JeffTheCanuck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey Sorry about the radio silence,
my internet connection died for the past week!

I couldnt make it out last weekend but I'm definitely driving to Boven with a friend on Sunday morning (Dec 2) and staying until Tuesday afternoon.
We're planning on staying at the climber's lodge as well.
If anyone wants to hitch a ride with us to Boven, they're more than welcome to join.

Let me know,

Jeff

Return to “Climbing meets / shows”